Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
Results 226 to 239 of 239

Thread: Ernesto Valverde: An Analysis of his tenure

  1. #226
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    897
    It's a sorry state of affairs when one of the only people that offers the most reasonable Messi statements comes from a Real Madrid fan. Much respect to you Morten, especially after the Ls Messi has handed your club . Shame 'fans' of this club see it as Messi was the reason we failed against liverpool that year.

  2. #227
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - Tactical Ops. Office
    Posts
    25,037
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    It's a sorry state of affairs when one of the only people that offers the most reasonable Messi statements comes from a Real Madrid fan. Much respect to you Morten, especially after the Ls Messi has handed your club . Shame 'fans' of this club see it as Messi was the reason we failed against liverpool that year.
    The best period in Real Madrid's modern history is during Messi's time mate.

  3. #228
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    897
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    The best period in Real Madrid's modern history is during Messi's time mate.
    Messi's fault?

  4. #229
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - Tactical Ops. Office
    Posts
    25,037
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    Messi's fault?
    Everybody's fault.

  5. #230
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    897
    Well as everyone knows pointing out how you're wrong doesn't work. So I'll agree to disagree.

  6. #231
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - Tactical Ops. Office
    Posts
    25,037
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    Well as everyone knows pointing out how you're wrong doesn't work. So I'll agree to disagree.
    Messi goals away in CL quarterfinals, non-penalties.

    0 vs Milan, 0 vs Atletico, 0 vs PSG, 0 vs Atletico, 0 vs Juventus, 0 vs Roma, 0 vs United, 0 vs Bayern (sort of away).

    Own goal goals away in CL quarterfinals, non-penalties.

    0 vs Milan, 0 vs Atletico, 0 vs PSG, 0 vs Atletico, 0 vs Juventus, 0 vs Roma, 1 vs United, 1 vs Bayern.

    This is while Ronaldo and Madrid racked up 4 CL titles btw.

  7. #232
    Member
    Ahmedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Cannes
    Posts
    489
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    The best period in Real Madrid's modern history is during Messi's time mate.
    That shows just how Barto and his minions dragged this club to the ground. We had one of the greatest of all time.

  8. #233
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - Tactical Ops. Office
    Posts
    25,037
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmedd View Post
    That shows just how Barto and his minions dragged this club to the ground. We had one of the greatest of all time.
    Bartomeu is first to blame, no doubt, but, make no mistake, the players (especially the so-called leaders of this team) and the managers we've had in these years surely did their part in making us this shit.

  9. #234
    Senior Member
    Vilarrubi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,233
    Comparing this version of Barca to the Barca 2/3 years ago under Valverde is laughable. They are levels apart. Valverde wouldn’t do fuck all with current Barca, results would be the same.

  10. #235
    Valverde Cultist
    Messigician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    6,306
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilarrubi View Post
    Comparing this version of Barca to the Barca 2/3 years ago under Valverde is laughable. They are levels apart. Valverde wouldn?t do fuck all with current Barca, results would be the same.
    Prove it

  11. #236
    Valverde Cultist
    Messigician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    6,306
    Alba looked finished under Enrique took Valverde to rejuvenate him

  12. #237
    Junior Member
    mladenq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    68
    Lucho dropping Alba from the squad in a couple of key matches in his last year, is what cost him the title in the end. And I wouldn't say he was dropping him because he looked finished, but because they had some sort of personal beef.

  13. #238
    Valverde Cultist
    Messigician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    6,306
    Quote Originally Posted by mladenq View Post
    Lucho dropping Alba from the squad in a couple of key matches in his last year, is what cost him the title in the end. And I wouldn't say he was dropping him because he looked finished, but because they had some sort of personal beef.
    That's not what cost him the title lmfao.

    Madrid had an awful start to 2016 and Barca bottled it with shit away form, Alba, Rakitic, Iniesta looked finished.

    All 3 had a resurgence under Valverde

  14. #239
    Junior Member
    mladenq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    68
    Well ofc it's not the only thing that cost him the title, but I remember him dropping points every time he had a chance to catch up to Madrid, because he would do some idiotic thing like leave Alba out for no reason. Rakitic looked finished in 95% of the games for us, and I'd say he is a perfect player equivalent to Ernesto. Never had the quality to be in the team in the first place, but since he was, he just picked up the credit like good ol' Ernie for titles achieved by a couple of really good individuals.