Ernesto Valverde: An Analysis of his tenure

kattanib

I am so proud to have been part of his sacking, as minor as the role was. I still remember the Super Copa match when we were booing and he looked at the stadium screen and saw his own face. That was satisfying

Andresito

Staff member
I am so proud to have been part of his sacking, as minor as the role was. I still remember the Super Copa match when we were booing and he looked at the stadium screen and saw his own face. That was satisfying

Don't let Messigician see this.

Messigician

🗣 ? Piqu? on Valverde's dismissal: "The players were called up for a meeting and asked - 'should we sack him, or not?' - when we had already clearly said that they [the board] are the ones who should make the decision."

Lol

Messigician

Piqu? on Valverde's departure

"It didn't seem right to me to fire a coach in the middle of a season when we were leading La Liga, and had won the last two."

serghei

Lol, one more proof that the players, especially the veterans decide things in the team. Or decided at least. And some people think the Amigos theory is bullshit :lol:.

khaled_a_d

Lol, one more proof that the players, especially the veterans decide things in the team. Or decided at least. And some people think the Amigos theory is bullshit :lol:.

Players asked about coach situation (like it is done on other clubs like Bayern, Juve) and their opinion was dismissed.
How is it a prove they decide anything?

serghei

Players asked about coach situation (like it is done on other clubs like Bayern, Juve) and their opinion was dismissed.
How is it a prove they decide anything?

Please... not to be condescending, but it's obvious from numerous, numerous sources. That theory has been backed about 5-6 times from credible and reputable sources. They are even dumb enough to admit it in interviews.

What do you mean asking the players if they should sack the manager? :lol: That's hilarious.

khaled_a_d

Please... not to be condescending, but it's obvious from numerous, numerous sources. That theory has been backed about 5-6 times from credible and reputable sources. They are even dumb enough to admit it in interviews.

What do you mean asking the players if they should sack the manager? :lol: That's hilarious.

1-You keep quoting a total bs article as a good read and repeat that 5-6 resources, which is again a bs.
Regardless, this wasn't what I asked. I am asking how what Pique said is relevant in any way to the point you are making

2-As I said,pkayers are asked about manager situation all the time in big properly managed clubs.Unless you live under a rock nothing is hilarious in it.
Pirlo was hired because Juve veterans advocated for him is a one example of this.
And the players here didn't force anything, it is a usual consultation and they told board you make the decision

Alik

1-You keep quoting a total bs article as a good read and repeat that 5-6 resources, which is again a bs.
Regardless, this wasn't what I asked. I am asking how what Pique said is relevant in any way to the point you are making

2-As I said,pkayers are asked about manager situation all the time in big properly managed clubs.Unless you live under a rock nothing is hilarious in it.
Pirlo was hired because Juve veterans advocated for him is a one example of this.
And the players here didn't force anything, it is a usual consultation and they told board you make the decision

Agreed

Porque

Imagine asking the players whether to sack or keep a manager, and the players saying to keep the manager. And then, the manager actually stays.

Who is going to have the power? The manager, or those who kept the manager?

khaled_a_d

Imagine asking the players whether to sack or keep a manager, and the players saying to keep the manager. And then, the manager actually stays.

Who is going to have the power? The manager, or those who kept the manager?

It is a consulting process, which happens more often in many clubs. They basically gauge whether he has the dressing room support which is essential for any manager.

Last edited:

malvolio

forum de amigos idiots contradicting themselves in here like rabid dogs :lol:

pique saying that a coach shouldn't be fired mid season after two liga wins - clearly amigos doing all they can to keep valverde

board asking players if they should sack valverde - clearly amigos had too much power

It is a consulting process, which happens more often in many clubs. They basically gauge whether he has rhe dressing room support which is essential for any manager.

players power > manager power - at any big club, simply because players are assets with value, while a manager doesn't represent much. if it's only one-two players vs manager, then that's another discussion(depending on the manager's status).

Last edited:

Rory

forum de amigos idiots contradicting themselves in here like rabid dogs :lol:

pique saying that a coach shouldn't be fired mid season after two liga wins - clearly amigos doing all they can to keep valverde

board asking players if they should sack valverde - clearly amigos had too much power

players power > manager power - at any big club, simply because players are assets with value, while a manager doesn't represent much. if it's only one-two players vs manager, then that's another discussion(depending on the manager's status).

Don't blame them, they're just going for the gold medal in the mental gymnastics olympics this year.

serghei

It is a consulting process, which happens more often in many clubs. They basically gauge whether he has the dressing room support which is essential for any manager.

Not when the dressing room is at the core of most problems. The dressing room became toxic because the players were given too much power from the board. At this point it's pretty obvious, at least for me.

They realized this when they named Koeman and cleared half the veterans (almost). But the damage was already done.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans