Ernesto Valverde: An Analysis of his tenure

Rory

It's a sorry state of affairs when one of the only people that offers the most reasonable Messi statements comes from a Real Madrid fan. Much respect to you Morten, especially after the Ls Messi has handed your club :lol:. Shame 'fans' of this club see it as Messi was the reason we failed against liverpool that year.

serghei

It's a sorry state of affairs when one of the only people that offers the most reasonable Messi statements comes from a Real Madrid fan. Much respect to you Morten, especially after the Ls Messi has handed your club :lol:. Shame 'fans' of this club see it as Messi was the reason we failed against liverpool that year.

The best period in Real Madrid's modern history is during Messi's time mate.

serghei

Well as everyone knows pointing out how you're wrong doesn't work. So I'll agree to disagree.

Messi goals away in CL quarterfinals, non-penalties.

0 vs Milan, 0 vs Atletico, 0 vs PSG, 0 vs Atletico, 0 vs Juventus, 0 vs Roma, 0 vs United, 0 vs Bayern (sort of away).

Own goal goals away in CL quarterfinals, non-penalties.

0 vs Milan, 0 vs Atletico, 0 vs PSG, 0 vs Atletico, 0 vs Juventus, 0 vs Roma, 1 vs United, 1 vs Bayern.

This is while Ronaldo and Madrid racked up 4 CL titles btw.

serghei

That shows just how Barto and his minions dragged this club to the ground. We had one of the greatest of all time.

Bartomeu is first to blame, no doubt, but, make no mistake, the players (especially the so-called leaders of this team) and the managers we've had in these years surely did their part in making us this shit.

Vilarrubi

Comparing this version of Barca to the Barca 2/3 years ago under Valverde is laughable. They are levels apart. Valverde wouldn’t do fuck all with current Barca, results would be the same.

mladenq

Lucho dropping Alba from the squad in a couple of key matches in his last year, is what cost him the title in the end. And I wouldn't say he was dropping him because he looked finished, but because they had some sort of personal beef.

Messigician

Lucho dropping Alba from the squad in a couple of key matches in his last year, is what cost him the title in the end. And I wouldn't say he was dropping him because he looked finished, but because they had some sort of personal beef.

That's not what cost him the title lmfao.

Madrid had an awful start to 2016 and Barca bottled it with shit away form, Alba, Rakitic, Iniesta looked finished.

All 3 had a resurgence under Valverde

mladenq

Well ofc it's not the only thing that cost him the title, but I remember him dropping points every time he had a chance to catch up to Madrid, because he would do some idiotic thing like leave Alba out for no reason. Rakitic looked finished in 95% of the games for us, and I'd say he is a perfect player equivalent to Ernesto. Never had the quality to be in the team in the first place, but since he was, he just picked up the credit like good ol' Ernie for titles achieved by a couple of really good individuals.

Home of Barca Fans