Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 331

Thread: Ernesto Valverde: An Analysis of his tenure

  1. #211
    Senior Member
    Richard.H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California, United States
    Posts
    5,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Messigician View Post
    Greatly over achieved.

    I feel sorry for the man, I wonder how he fooled people on here into thinking we had the best squad in the world
    Is there a statue of Valverde in your living room that you pray to?
    Se Queda

  2. #212
    6racies Xavi
    messi2140's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    6,822
    I find it weird that Messigician isn't carthwheeling over in the Koeman and Setien thread since Cows are seen as a sacred symbol in India. Especially since the former tends to them and the latter is named after them.
    Valverde: "I don't think about resigning and I don't feel like players have failed me."

    Valverde: "This is football. It costs us and it costs the whole world."

  3. #213
    Valverde Cultist
    Messigician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    6,666
    Quote Originally Posted by messi2140 View Post
    I find it weird that Messigician isn't carthwheeling over in the Koeman and Setien thread since Cows are seen as a sacred symbol in India. Especially since the former tends to them and the latter is named after them.
    I'm not Indian lol

  4. #214
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    3,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard.H View Post
    Is there a statue of Valverde in your living room that you pray to?
    he probably rubs himself on it

  5. #215
    Valverde Cultist
    Messigician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    6,666
    After the debacle against AS Roma in the Champions League, Valverde asked Bartomeu to sell Su?rez. Bartomeu said 'no', because it would have made Messi angry. [betev?]

  6. #216
    Valverde Cultist
    Messigician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    6,666
    Idk what the fuck he did to make us have the best defence in Europe during the 17/18 season.

    But it's clear it was close to magic.

  7. #217
    Senior Member
    Catta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,408
    Quote Originally Posted by Messigician View Post
    Idk what the fuck he did to make us have the best defence in Europe during the 17/18 season.

    But it's clear it was close to magic.
    Umtiti was great before his injury, 30 year old Pique was still world class, Busi in front of them was not useless like nowadays.

  8. #218
    Valverde Cultist
    Messigician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    6,666
    you know it's bad when board members start coming out saying sacking him was a huge mistake

  9. #219
    Senior Member
    BBZ8800's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    8,138
    The only guy who was able to do something out of this team of washed out, spineless clowns.

  10. #220
    Senior Member
    FinBarcelonafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Turku
    Posts
    11,356
    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post
    The only guy who was able to do something out of this team of washed out, spineless clowns.
    The board kept the same players for too long and the same coach.

  11. #221
    Senior Member
    JohnN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,719
    Amazing how the team managed to perform under this clown for so long. We had a decent squad then... Apart from raki, who always was crap.

  12. #222
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Tanzania
    Posts
    7,943
    One of the worst coaches we've had.
    Only marginally above Cowman and Cowtien
    Between a rock and a hard place

  13. #223
    Junior Member
    mladenq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
    Amazing how the team managed to perform under this clown for so long. We had a decent squad then... Apart from raki, who always was crap.
    Wouldn't really say team was performing, we probably played the worst football in the last 20 years under that idiot, but he had a younger squad and Messi was pretty much solo winning most of the games, so the results were better. Messi under Setien/Koeman and under Valverde are almost two completely different players. It was painful to watch him last night.

    Don't think I'll ever forget just how god-awful we played under Valverde, and the amount of incredibly unbelievably idiotic decisions that guy could make pre and during one game, and still end up winning by one goal margin, due to some lucky deflection or Messi pulling some ridiculous solo shit.

  14. #224
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    3,137
    Quote Originally Posted by mladenq View Post
    Wouldn't really say team was performing, we probably played the worst football in the last 20 years under that idiot, but he had a younger squad and Messi was pretty much solo winning most of the games, so the results were better. Messi under Setien/Koeman and under Valverde are almost two completely different players. It was painful to watch him last night.

    Don't think I'll ever forget just how god-awful we played under Valverde, and the amount of incredibly unbelievably idiotic decisions that guy could make pre and during one game, and still end up winning by one goal margin, due to some lucky deflection or Messi pulling some ridiculous solo shit.
    Yeah Messi in 17-18 and 18-19 in la liga was fucking unbelievable. The Messi from 2020 isnt even 40% from the old Messi.
    Barca will win the league, trust me.

    Edit (after 2-1 loss against Cadiz): Don't trust me.

    Edit2 (after 1-1 against Eibar): Its over guys.

    Edit3 (after Real 1-1 against Elche): Congratulations Atletico.

    Atletico & Real out of Copa: Lets win this fucking trophy guys

  15. #225
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    11,675
    Quote Originally Posted by Fati_Future_BallonDor View Post
    Yeah Messi in 17-18 and 18-19 in la liga was fucking unbelievable. The Messi from 2020 isnt even 40% from the old Messi.
    Messi 18-19 was especially incredible in the CL, one of the best CL-campaigns ever, he really was being serious with his statement at the start of that season at the Camp Nou.
    When he hit that ludicrous free kick against Liverpool i was thinking "yeah, what on earth is going to stop them from winning it now?", then the team left him down at Anfield.
    Guess he just didnt feel the same after that, all that work and he got nothing for it.