Our Status as a Elite club

Messigician

Since Pep we have been among the elite, Real Madrid, Manchester United, Bayern.

But after humiliation after humiliation i fear we are now at the level of Chelsea, AC milan and Araenal.

Going by social media we are the laughing stocks of the world and our reputation is is down the toilet.

Is there any way to recover? Or will the Barto years forever taint the club's and Messi's legacy?

I am still hurting after this defeat this isn't my club.

The only thing that can make amends is we need to win the treble next season that simple.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think the best to recover personally is to take a long break from forums such as this one. So go on brother. Get some rest and get recharged for the next season.

serghei

Great reputation. Unbeaten on Camp Nou in Europe since 2013 boys.

If we don't rebuild well we'll be unbeaten until 2025. :lol:

ronniecro

our image and status is ruined. you have opposing players openly laughing and mocking us after the match,i don't even need to say anything about football fans in general. this whole generation of players is done,they are marked by this thrashing meaning that there won't be fear factor or respect for anyone who face them. way for recovery is to turn to our own young players who will actually care for the club and stop signing overrated galacticos who will do nothing but enjoy the city and weather here

serghei

Relax, these kind of things happen. When we pulverized Bayern in one half in 2009, 4-0 in 30 mins, it was the same. Take the hit and move forward, try to make sure it will not happen again.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Only way Barca can move on from this is winning another CL title in dominant fashion again. Not like we're doomed forever, but it could take some time for the club to get there again.

Going to take proper, competent management of the club so hope a competent, good President is elected.

serghei

Nothing will ever come close to conceding 8. It hasn't happened to us since the nineteen fucking forties

Yea it does. Same feeling. We could have gone for more vs Bayern in 2009 but relaxed. Just because Bayern go crazy when they find an unprepared team doesn't mean the 4-0 in 2009 wasn't utterly humiliating for them.

Last 3 goals we conceded we just wandered around waiting for the match to be over.

Batistuta9

Nothing will ever come close to conceding 8. It hasn't happened to us since the nineteen fucking forties

It will be forgotten after a few years as long as we become a force again. The latest result is always the most important one.

It's going to be tough to be able to compete for a CL again though. We can practically go through every position and say we need an improvement than the current player in that position. That's the position we're in atm. Elite club by name, but not by personnel.

Messigician

It will be forgotten after a few years as long as we become a force again. The latest result is always the most important one.

It's going to be tough to be able to compete for a CL again though. We can practically go through every position and say we need an improvement than the current player in that position. That's the position we're in atm. Elite club by name, but not by personnel.

If we become a force again.

United, Araenal Milan still waiting

fergus90

Honestly, a slow rebuild is needed. Enough of the 30 year old stop gap signings in the hope of one last CL push it doesn't work. We need a project and a clear vision, with that Barca can repair its reputation amongst European elite. A new cycle has been needed for a few years and after this humiliation there is no other option but for it to arrive. Bartomeu can't continue, but whoever he backs to continue their project also doesn't stand a chance, the reputation of this board in world football has diminished.

Barca still are an elite club by status, but honestly the focus for the next couple years should be nurturing a new core, regaining an identity and playing enjoyable and competitive football again to try and win La Liga.

Devils

Our falloff wont be United/Juve/Ac Milan level...but we're going to fall behind Liverpool, Bayern and Real Madrid in CL titles...quite a few I assume, dawg.

serghei

Our falloff wont be United/Juve/Ac Milan level...but we're going to fall behind Liverpool, Bayern and Real Madrid in CL titles...quite a few I assume, dawg.

Oil clubs FTW! PSG and City are a necessary evil. Stop likes of Bayern and Liverpool from putting too many CLs past us.

ronniecro

Yea it does. Same feeling. We could have gone for more vs Bayern in 2009 but relaxed. Just because Bayern go crazy when they find an unprepared team doesn't mean the 4-0 in 2009 wasn't utterly humiliating for them.

Last 3 goals we conceded we just wandered around waiting for the match to be over.

it's simply not the same getting beaten 4-0 or getting absolutely thrashed 8-2,becoming the thing of mockery across the planet. we can only console ourselves that we could score way more in 2009

Home of Barca Fans