Since 2014/15 alot of people have noticed we are going down the drain

FiReFTW

Back in 2015 already, 6 years ago, ive opened up a thread and claimed we need to start replacing certain players and the team is getting worse

http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/12884-Barcelona-improvements-in-the-next-years?highlight=

In 2017 I opened up another thread claiming we are getting worse and worse and we need to urgently replace some players and improve our team

http://www.barcaforum.com/showthrea...everything-will-be-ok-are-destroying-us/page4

In this thread I even update it in 2018 claiming nothing has changed.

Also reading both these threads again, most people posting also realized we are in huge trouble and realized the problems and that we need major change.

So my question is, how did Barca keep going down the drain despite all this? Despite that all this was clear 6 years ago!!! 6 years!!!!

How did we keep going down the drain year by year? I don't get it.

How did we not make a reelection yet? How did our board get away with so much sh*t? I don't get how this is possible.

In Real Madrid if you f*** up you are gone, even sooner than you should be gone, no mercy, how is it that here you can destroy the whole team with a once in a lifetime player (Messi) and keep doing it for 6 years?

I don't get how this is possible, either there are some ppl on the inside that want to deliberately destroy us, or theres some big money involved in these people that have all the say with our club, I can't find any other explanation.

fergus90

I've never been a fan of Rosell nor Bartomeu, they tried to discredit and slander any work Laporta and his board had done, despite it being the most successful era in Barca's history. The ironic thing is, they relied on the core from that era to carry them through to this very day.

Yes Laporta, got things wrong but he also trusted a footballing great in Cruyff to advise him on footballing matters. Rijkaard had got a side relegated the season prior but saw the potential he had, Pep was an unknown commodity in Barca B. They had competent people in the board room like Txiki Begiristain and Soriano who went on to do a solid job at Man City too.

You compare that to Bartomeu and Rosell who pretty much burnt bridges with any former Barca player from that era or mistreated players like Valdes and Alves who basically left out the back door. We've had the likes of Segura, Abidal and co here making decisions for a football club they not qualified to make. The end result is the disjointed and imbalanced squad you see today.

Having a once-in-a-lifetime player in Messi has been both a blessing and a curse.His brilliance bailed us out on many occasions in the last few years. However age is making that job impossible for him to do now.

Every top club has either a very good manager or at least very capable people in the board room. Unfortunately at Barca, there is neither right now.

Horatio

You're welcome
We werent going down the drain in 2014/2015. We just needed to replace players like any other team. We tried and failed miserably.

FinBarcelonafan

2015-2016 we were still the best. 2016-2017 downhill started. That's when we should have sold some veterans and build a new team.

Home of Barca Fans