CL | 1/4 Final: FC Barcelona - FC Bayern Munich 2-8

snowy

I actually watched the vid and what the hell was that?! Ghetto girl giving tutorial on how to maintain and rock your wig?!

Hope you gave my boo a like. A J unfollowed her on IG cuz she thought she gave a hickey to Jania but it's all good now. JJ explained no one gave it to her, she just got sensitive skin. Period.

JamDav1982

Work rate should be non negotiable for a top team like Barca.

How many players tick the box of work rate/energy and technical ability? Barely any.

Fairly simple starting point to rebuild.. if cant tick both boxes then leave.

Sasuke85

I still think that if you have 10 players who can cover for him he can still be useful even with his walking. The problem is that there are players like Suarez or Busquets who don't have the legs anymore.

I second this.

I think Messi will still be very helpful to the team in the next 2-3 years because of his special skills.

He might not run much anymore, but his passes are still as sharp as laser. Once he gets the ball, he can control and maneuver it very well, it is near impossible for any opponent to take the ball from him => he can help us to cope with strongly pressing opponents.

I mean, he can still play at a lower position, perhaps in the upper part of the midfield, a position which does not require much stamina. He will be like a brain, coordinating Barca's attacks.

To recap, in the next few years I believe he is still second to none regarding the above mentioned skills. So it would be a waste if we let him go after this season.

JamDav1982

I second this.

I think Messi will still be very helpful to the team in the next 2-3 years because of his special skills.

He might not run much anymore, but his passes are still as sharp as laser. Once he gets the ball, he can control and maneuver it very well, it is near impossible for any opponent to take the ball from him => he can help us to cope with strongly pressing opponents.

I mean, he can still play at a lower position, perhaps in the upper part of the midfield, a position which does not require much stamina. He will be like a brain, coordinating Barca's attacks.

To recap, in the next few years I believe he is still second to none regarding the above mentioned skills. So it would be a waste if we let him go after this season.

Issue is where to play Messi.

Cant play him RW as him not tracking back will always be an issue and fuck up balance of midfield and leave RB exposed.

More or less left with playing him false nine which doesnt work in way used to but probably best of bad bunch.

Can play him in midfield as will be a man light defensively and he doesnt play as a midfielder in helping dictate play he plays as a second striker constantly taking risks and resulting in lack of variety to play and a lot of lost balls as tries to open up game.

aragorn

Issue is where to play Messi.

Cant play him RW as him not tracking back will always be an issue and fuck up balance of midfield and leave RB exposed.

More or less left with playing him false nine which doesnt work in way used to but probably best of bad bunch.

Can play him in midfield as will be a man light defensively and he doesnt play as a midfielder in helping dictate play he plays as a second striker constantly taking risks and resulting in lack of variety to play and a lot of lost balls as tries to open up game.

He can play the Muller role!

mesiesta

It's amazing how Bayern did the rebuild phase. They lost both Robben and Ribery, but still have the best squad in the world.

jayjaydee

this won't change anything. next season we'll be lining up with.. ...the same fucking defence

I've been saying this for years: good teams build from the back, they get the foundation of the team (defence) right, first. Why is it that we ALWAYS spend huge on forward players, Griezmann, Dembele, Coutinho etc., that we might not need, but spend peanuts, effectively, on the defence?!
Here's a start: Koulibaly (okay, he's 29) might be available at around Euro60 Million

slvtn

We all knew it would be tough and Bayern did a great job in the last months. They deserve the trophy this season for sure.

I expected them to win. So after years of no real game philosophy Messi and ter Stegen couldn't cover the complete helplessness of the team. Not there MUST be a major change in this team. The bosses turned this club into Europes biggest joke, so they must go first.

jayjaydee

And we'll get rid of him and employ another fool, or grasp at Xavi. Mauricio Pochettino is unemployed at the minute, took Spurs to the CL final last year. But, no, he played for/managed Espanyol, or, or there'll be some excuse.

JamDav1982

We all knew it would be tough and Bayern did a great job in the last months. They deserve the trophy this season for sure.

I expected them to win. So after years of no real game philosophy Messi and ter Stegen couldn't cover the complete helplessness of the team. Not there MUST be a major change in this team. The bosses turned this club into Europes biggest joke, so they must go first.

Messi and MATS were as big a culprits as anyone for that defeat.

jayjaydee

Hopefully this will be the trigger for us to initiate a new cycle even if we are 5 years late

Or, remember when we played 11 players that had come through La Masia? 2012 against Valencia. Alves went off after 15 minutes and was replaced, at that time ALL 11 were academy graduates.
When/why did we veer away from that? Why have we spent Euro350 Million-ish on Griezmann, Coutinho, Dembele?!

Let's spend big on our defence and restart our La MAsia graduates. Get a manager that will give Puig/Fati etc. the chances they might deserve.

ronniecro

muller,goretzka,kimmich taking the piss out of us in the media. the damaga bayern caused to us is beyond repair,we will have no respect whatsoever from the teams we face in coming years. we are not a big club anymore

Home of Barca Fans