CL | 1/4 Final: FC Barcelona - FC Bayern Munich 2-8

kattanib

The annoying thing is we still don?t know if QS is an eunuch or not. To win this game deservedly we need to do something different in our formation and play style, more La Masia players and control. Puig or Roberto or both in Midfield. Risk playing Fati instead of Griezman or Suarez. Avoid playing Vidal at any cost unless he is an attacker instead of Griezman, but even then that is bad since you have Suarez and Vidal who cannot play possession

FinBarcelonafan

We could use a little more realistic positivity. I'm not saying be deluded and think we're favorites v Bayern (nobody does) but talking about things that we might be able to surprise them with is better than melting down...IMO

You are right. I tend to be overly negative. We have a small chance for sure, but things need to go perfectly for us. Lets hope Bayern faces the adversities and not us. I think that's very crucial
I don't see us making comeback but if things go well, we can play a good match.

kattanib

I think Vidal loves the big matches. He was very good at Anfield last season.

He can offer something different, but we lose one player in midfield who can help control the game. If he is our 3rd midfielder I can guarantee you we will lose the game. If he is one of the 3 attackers then that might work though probably not effective since Bayern are not a defensive team

kattanib

Potential Lineups that can work:

Roberto; Pique ; Lenglet ; Alba

Raki ; Busquets ; De Jong

Puig

Messi ; Suarez/Griezman

Or

Semedo; Pique ; Lenglet ; Alba

Roberto ; Raki ; Busquets ; De Jong

Messi ; Suarez/Griezman

Or

Roberto ; Busquets ; De Jong

Puig

Messi ; Suarez/Griezman

Or

Semedo ; Pique ; Lenglet ; Alba

Roberto ; Busquets ; De Jong ; Fati

Messi ; Suarez/Griezman

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
This team can?t defend as a unit. If they opt to go for Anfield-style parked bus, Bayern will pummel us with crosses and score goals just like Liverpool did. We need to try to control the ball.

FinBarcelonafan

This team can?t defend as a unit. If they opt to go for Anfield-style parked bus, Bayern will pummel us with crosses and score goals just like Liverpool did. We need to try to control the ball.

This is correct. We can't let them have the ball. We have to fight for it. Otherwise we are dead.

kattanib

This is the name of the game, CONTROL. We need to have the least number of non Barca style players in the squad and fill the stadium with La Masia style midfield. Even a 442 to cover the flanks, Roberto and De Jong/Fati at both right and left ends

vegitot

This match will be different than Anfield game because we dont have any advantage.

Unless Setien thinks other way

JohnN

Potential Lineups that can work:

Roberto; Pique ; Lenglet ; Alba

Raki ; Busquets ; De Jong

Puig

Messi ; Suarez/Griezman

Or

Roberto ; Raki ; Busquets ; De Jong

Messi ; Suarez/Griezman

Or

Roberto ; Busquets ; De Jong

Puig

Messi ; Suarez/Griezman

Or

Semedo ; Pique ; Lenglet ; Alba

Roberto ; Busquets ; De Jong ; Fati

Messi ; Suarez/Griezman

- Red: Raki / Busi combo midfield === we are doomed. Rumors about Rakitic disappointing the coaching stuff, pretty much eliminate these lineups.
- Yellow: Fati is a little to green in my opinion to start this. Would surely be good as a sub later. Setien will not start him anyway.
- Green: My preferred lineup too. Not with Suarez from the start though. This one depends heavily on Puig playing up to his standards and not choking against the bullies. Setien will not play this though.

Setien's 4-4-2 probable lineup:
----------------------Mats-----------------------
---Semedo-----Pique----Lenglet--------Alba--
-----------------------Busi----------------------
------------Bob-------------------FDJ----------
----------------------Vidal----------------------
-------Messi----------------Suarez-------------

Setien's 4-3-3 probable lineup:
----------------------Mats-----------------------
---Semedo-----Pique----Lenglet--------Alba--
-----------------------Busi----------------------
------------Vidal-------------------FDJ----------