Lliga | Round 35: FC Barcelona - Espanyol 1-0

Daisymorr

Always confused when fans want the local rival down, finish much lower yes but not relegation. Going to local derbies is one of the fixtures to look out for each season.

couldn't agree more, this is a loss for the league. Espanyol are one of the few teams that will stand up to Barca and try make a game of it. La Liga matches are all too often one sided against Madrid and Barca. Sad to see Espanyol go. I'd rather us have the derby than not have it

Messi983

Nah personally my dislike of Espanyol has come naturally from the way they play, act and behave on the pitch against us, and to an extent against Madrid as well.

Would much rather have Girona as the 2nd best Catalan team in Spain.

This.

Can't stand that club. I have much more respect for RM even though they are a cheating and disgusting club but at least their goal is to win the titles while Espanyol base their whole existence on playing their two games against us every season like it's a CL final.

couldn't agree more, this is a loss for the league. Espanyol are one of the few teams that will stand up to Barca and try make a game of it. La Liga matches are all too often one sided against Madrid and Barca. Sad to see Espanyol go. I'd rather us have the derby than not have it

A true loss for the league would be if teams like Bilbao or Valencia would go down. Historically I don't consider Espanyol anywhere close to those teams eventhough they've been in the league for the same time than Valencia.

Anyway, most "smaller" teams have put up a great fight against both RM and Barca over the years, not only on their home grounds but also on Bernabeu/Camp Nou. Times when those teams have played against the big two with their pants down are long gone. First, because neither team is as dominant as they were a decade ago when basically every Barca/RM game already started with 1/2-0 and second because with more TV money involved those mid/lower table teams have also improved a lot. One-sided results like 4-0 or 5-0 are very rare in La Liga in recent seasons.

Horatio

You're welcome
Why are people sad about Espanyol? Because competition might suffer in la liga? You do realize a team equally as strong or stronger even can get promoted that are not out to injure our players?

JerseyAddict

Why are people sad about Espanyol? Because competition might suffer in la liga? You do realize a team equally as strong or stronger even can get promoted that are not out to injure our players?

This. They were always on the edge vs Barca. So many times there was a real chance to seriously injure Messi or someone.

Now they can't pull that shit anymore and more importantly RM will not have secured 6 pts.

Kul_z

This. They were always on the edge vs Barca. So many times there was a real chance to seriously injure Messi or someone.

Now they can't pull that shit anymore and more importantly RM will not have secured 6 pts.

Thats right. Let them enjoy a year in segunda

Vilarrubi

EcebnvrUcAAJLcx

Alik

Nah personally my dislike of Espanyol has come naturally from the way they play, act and behave on the pitch against us, and to an extent against Madrid as well.

Would much rather have Girona as the 2nd best Catalan team in Spain.

Off the pitch too.

Neeraj

As someone who knows the Vice President and has interacted with many, many people involved with the club - I can vouch for this- Espanyol is a scum club, even from up close :lol:

Home of Barca Fans