Honest Question

WallBreaker

I've been a Real Madrid fan for 10 years and in this time, from my perspective, i've gotten the sense that FC Barcelona and its affiliates (i.e., players, managers, staff, fans, etc) try to play a victim sort of card and like to talk about conspiracy theories regarding pro-Madrid corruption, etc. It is has become my understanding that most Madrid fans (and even people from other fan bases) have a pretty clear opinion that FC Barcelona tries to play the victim in a manipulative way with the press in how they see their club philosophy, the way they play, etc. A representation of this, in a way, is Guardiola, which is seen by many EPL team fans for example, as a fake and subversively manipulative person who tries to point the finger and take the moral high ground.

Now as a Madrid fan, it is of interest to me to see how you guys see this situation from your perspective. Maybe your outrage and stances are authentic or maybe you can admit to the subversive manipulation that many attribute to FC Barcelona, or maybe you guys understand how your club and its affiliates represent themselves, in a different way than I do, hell, maybe you see US Madrid people as the manipulative demons.

My question is basically, what's your perspective on this matter? What's your perspective on how the clubs and their people represent themselves in general?

Last edited:

serghei

There's not much difference between Barcelona and Madrid. One or the other moans more depending on the sucess and failure or their archrival.

These two clubs feed off each other. Overall Madrid are helped more because they are the pure Spanish team, while Barca are associated with Catalunya.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

I've been a Real Madrid fan for 10 years and in this time, from my perspective, i've gotten the sense that FC Barcelona and its affiliates (i.e., players, managers, staff, fans, etc) try to play a victim sort of card and like to talk about conspiracy theories regarding pro-Madrid corruption, etc. It is has become my understanding that most Madrid fans (and even people from other fan bases) have a pretty clear opinion that FC Barcelona tries to play the victim in a manipulative way with the press in how they see their club philosophy, the way they play, etc. A representation of this, in a way, is Guardiola, which is seen by many EPL team fans for example, as a fake and subversively manipulative person who tries to point the finger and take the moral high ground.

Now as a Madrid fan, it is of interest to me to see how you guys see this situation from your perspective. Maybe your outrage and stances are authentic or maybe you can admit to the subversive manipulation that many attribute to FC Barcelona, or maybe you guys understand how your club and its affiliates represent themselves, in a different way than I do, hell, maybe you see US Madrid people as the manipulative demons.

My question is basically, what's your perspective on this matter? What's your perspective on how the clubs and their people represent themselves in general?

Hold this

:lol:
:lol::lol:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Nowadays there are not many differences between the clubs with all the money floating around but I still take pride in FC Barcelona's roots of being a left-leaning club and some good things it still does today (for example the annual 1.5m euro donation to UNICEF since 2006) despite under a shitty and bumbling management.

Real Madrid can go fuck themselves.

Total-Football

The thing they say about is pep is pure jealousy of his brand of football which is pure football.. It mainly comes from some manunited fans (understandbly). My proof is that the same venomous stupid shit they used to say about him is now veered towards klopp (since klopp is also successful playing the same brand of attacking offensive football). So this is not the barca fan in me defending pep it also applies to klopp.

Morten

The thing they say about is pep is pure jealousy of his brand of football which is pure football.. It mainly comes from some manunited fans (understandbly). My proof is that the same venomous stupid shit they used to say about him is now veered towards klopp (since klopp is also successful playing the same brand of attacking offensive football). So this is not the barca fan in me defending pep it also applies to klopp.

The thing with Pep-ball, sure its great when its your team, as a neutral? Its bloody boring to watch.

Like, im not denying the quality of the Spain 08-12, but watching them just pass it about endlessly, over and over and over, it was boring.
Of course there is entertainment as well, but thats just a small portion of the match, i dont like to watch endless pass sequences in the midfield/back line.

As i`ve said, sure, its high technical quality, but the bottom line is still, "boring".

tacticvarium

It's far from "boring" if you are able to understand the purpose and tactical reason of all those passes and movements. It was the most fun to watch how the whole team moved and functioned like a single organism or machine. Only a very few greatest teams in football history were able to do that. If you are a football fan, you should be happy that you lived in the same era with Pep's Barca and Spain's international domination regardless of your personal taste. It's once in a lifetime thing that you will never get to see such level of football again.

Last edited:

Morten

It's far from "boring" if you are able to understand the purpose and tactical reason of all those passes and movements. It was the most fun to watch how the whole team moved and functioned like a single organism or machine. Only a very few greatest teams in football history were able to do that. It's once in a lifetime thing that you will never get to see that level of football again.

It is boring as a "neutral", like me with Spain.
If you are a neutral, you want both teams to have a go, thats not going to happen when one team passes it about in midfield for 90% of the match.

Of course its not boring when you are following that team.

tacticvarium

Not really. For example, I'm not a fan of pragmatic, defensive football at all but I really enjoyed Italian football's golden era, Simeone's Atletico's prime time, etc. If a team's quality reaches the highest level, anyone should be able to enjoy the quality whether you support/follow them or not. I can even enjoy watching Real Madrid as long as they display the beautiful quality of football as a "neutral" football fan. That's the power of high quality in general.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

The thing with Pep-ball, sure its great when its your team, as a neutral? Its bloody boring to watch.

Like, im not denying the quality of the Spain 08-12, but watching them just pass it about endlessly,

Spain didn't play Pep ball

MTL_Barca

Spain 2010+ was quite boring to watch but i guess that's just what happens when you have like 10 world class AM/CM/DM player's and not much else :lol:. Also not really Peps style i'd say.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Like, im not denying the quality of the Spain 08-12, but watching them just pass it about endlessly, over and over and over, it was boring.
Of course there is entertainment as well, but thats just a small portion of the match, i dont like to watch endless pass sequences in the midfield/back line.

As i`ve said, sure, its high technical quality, but the bottom line is still, "boring".

As a Madridista you probably say this. The Barca style was one of the most exciting ways to win. Total domination over competition and the goals were BEAUTIES. City is that way today.

The beautiful passes, teamplay, great movement, attacking football, domination etc. It's amazing when it works. Not this current Barca ball. Whatever garbage you call it. This is BORING.

Valverde ball is the most boring football I have ever seen. I rather watch ManU try to play football than Valverde's garbage ball. (Of course, Messi itself is worth watching a game, though).

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans