Lliga | Round 33: FC Barcelona - Atletico Madrid 2-2

FCBfan22

Busi-Raki-Vidal

We getting fucked on the counter, boys. I doubt Busi-Raki backbone can hold.

Probably some kind of 4-4-2 diamond.

Last edited:

clemente

4 man midfield, overcrowding squad with midfielders against better teams, Valverde 2.0, watching this team is a chore ever since we hired Valverde

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
"Workhorse" midfield with no horse power.

Edit: Thought it was Griezmann playing but I see Puog is in there.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We've spent 430m on a bench player(Griezmann), misfit(Coutinho) and a crock(Dembele).

Unbelievable.

fergus90

This line up screams to me that Setien knows Puig deserves to start after his recent 2 performances but doesn't have the bravery to bench one of Busi,Rakitic or Vidal.

kattanib

Basically:

- Messi doesn?t move
- Suarez doesn?t move + doesn?t play the barca style
- Vidal doesn?t defend + doesn?t play the barca style
- Raki has limited mobility
- Busquets has limited mobility

That leaves us with Puig being the only one actually moving around with Semedo going up. This is a formation based on expectations that the game will require little movements, slow pace side passes with the occasional break throughs

What I would have played is:

Fati, Griez, Messi

Puig, Busquets, Raki

Alba, Lenglet, Pique, Roberto

Last edited:

Porque

Is that gonna be Iniesta-lite at AML in a 433?

To be fair he's versatile enough to get development minutes in that spot like Rijkaard did with a young Iniesta, but I think everything that makes Riqui great offensively will be lost on the wing. We will see.

On the other hand if we have switched to a 442, lets just sign Willian on a free and get Valverde back. Because that would mean Setien has gone back on everything he intended to create as a coach.

This line up screams to me that Setien knows Puig deserves to start after his recent 2 performances but doesn't have the bravery to bench one of Busi,Rakitic or Vidal.

Probably not confident enough to put him in a midfield 3 against Simeone and his bully boy tactics. They will target him like a kipper.

Home of Barca Fans