Who will be Barca's next manager?

FCBfan22

If we clear the house, I think Pimenta could be a shout.

But there is one MUST before we do that. Sell Suarez, Vidal, Rakitić, Alba and Pique.

Chainsaw

Killahead
I searched for Pimenta and this showed up. Too white to has Barca DNA.
Pimenta_dioica%2C_flowers.jpg

ceco322

Best coaches for Barca with experience are: Tomas Tuchel, Ten Haag, Ronald Koeman, Marcelo Gallardo and maybe Roberto Martinez.
P.S.
Xavi, Pimienta are with little experience.

FCBfan22

Best coaches for Barca with experience are: Tomas Tuchel, Ten Haag, Ronald Koeman, Marcelo Gallardo and maybe Roberto Martinez.
P.S.
Xavi, Pimienta are with little experience.

No matter what... 5 of those need to be cleared before we can move forward:

Suarez, Vidal, Rakitić, Alba, Busquets, Pique

Pique and Suarez being a must.

Birdy

Barto is not going to resign, so elections will not happen immediately.
The earliest will be January.
This means he will pick the next coach and he will give him at least a year.

I would not be against Koeman if he is willing to impose discipline. He is a club legend, he can command respect.
But that alone is not enough if at least Suarez, Rakitic, Vidal are sold, and Alba, Pique, Busquets are relegated to the bench or (if they refuse) get their contracts terminated

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
How come?

Between Pochettino and Koeman, i pray its Koeman. I don’t believe Xavi is ready yet.

I believe Koeman would be better at managing this transition, he knows the club, his heart will be 100% in it and he is strong enough to deal with all the difficulties that?ll be coming his way.

I know I?m not truly looking at this from a footballing sense even though his transformation of the Dutch national team is encouraging.

This however all depends on whether the current political mess is settled. As long as Bartomeu is in charge, it truly doesn?t matter who comes.

Andresito

Staff member
It all depends on what happens with the board.

If the current one stays I'd want an interim manager in the form of Pimienta. Just let him take care of the team without much pressure while the upper management gets sorted.
This is my least favourite option though as it also means the board stays.

Best case is we get an immediate election. New board takes over with their ideas and their front man who will lead the team for the next 3 years.
The problem is, Font is very dependent on Xavi and he probably won't take over until 2021, so there will be an interim solution here as well.

At this point my wish would be to get either Koeman or Pochettino (doesn't matter as long as they're 100% committed), and go with their project.
Would be amazing if Xavi would join in 2021 as an assistant but I highly doubt he'd want that.

Xavi is such a huge risk and my fear is that he'll just be thrown out after he inevitably fails the high expectations with his (probable) naive ideas seeing as he's a fresh coach. Kind of like Henry.

Home of Barca Fans