Who will be Barca's next manager?

Ascom

Regarding the OP

1-I think primary approach will be sounding a former manager to give him full authority. I think if there is any time Pep might consider us it will be now. He is losing his touch with City, already overstayed there, there might be a ban and contract will end next year. Unless he will go to Italy there is nothing else to do for a coach of his type. He doesn't suit NT football. Also sounding Lucho if he isn't interested to continue with Spain. Both are strong character coach who are club legends. Both have done a major retooling job. Both will get the respect and keys of the team. Laporta might have a chance in convincing them. But he won't do that if they are interested in continuing where they are.

Is it going to happen? will give it a 10% chance that one of them will say yes. But we need to try.

2-Second will be a big name coach, and there is no abundance of those. I will say Zidane,Simeone & Klopp are currently the only big name coaches out there , excluding aforementioned Pep . 2 of them coaching rivals and will never come. Would Klopp even consider us (even under new board) ? I think it is same answer as above, only if he feel his job is done with liverpool.

3-The next thing close to a big name is Allegri, who is a EV type of coach in terms of style, although on a higher level. He has helped to bring Milan back, helped to take Juve to the next step. But he isn't the one to deliver anything close to Barca DNA or a CL aspiration. Pochettino is another name, who always talks about us with true hatred. But I think he will come if we called him. Can't see it happening with any of those names.

4-Club legend, and the problem is that we are running out of those. Koeman is the most proven name, Xavi is the upcoming one. Gio is probably the only one that might make sense tbh.

5-Then there is the high risk high rewards: New young coaches like Gallardo, ten Hag (not really young, but new) if he speaks some Spanish words. Problem with this approach is demanding respect from locker room.

6-There is some other bad choices to mention: The old names, the Blanc,Mourinho,Ancelotti, Wenger of the world. The 50+ Liga coaches who wants a chance in here. Hopefully not, but with this board they might do it.

The problem with Guardiola is that he already said he won't come 1000 times. He truly hates the board and thinks he could do nothing in these conditions. Similar to Xavi who is preparing himself to come with Victor Font or Laporta.

khaled_a_d

The problem with Guardiola is that he already said he won't come 1000 times. He truly hates the board and thinks he could do nothing in these conditions. Similar to Xavi who is preparing himself to come with Victor Font or Laporta.

That is why I said Laporta might have a chance in convincing them, and even then it is 10% chance to get either him or Lucho.
But you gotta make the call.

Ascom

I think Koeman must be a big option.

Roberto Martinez is another name

I included them because they are always rumoured and there is a honest interest in Koeman the problem is that both have 1 year more of contract with their national teams and Koeman already refused Bar?a for this reason.

El Gato

Villarato!
4-Club legend, and the problem is that we are running out of those. Koeman is the most proven name, Xavi is the upcoming one. Gio is probably the only one that might make sense tbh.

Phil Cocu or Van Bommel as well. Lol.

There's also one more name who might command similar respect with the players that is totally unrelated to Barca - Bielsa. But I fear he'd not even want the job or be happy to work with what he's given. He seems to not be the type for big corp.

Last edited:

Ascom

What happened to Marcelo Gallardo rumors?

Right now, no one is talking about S?tien being replaced. This is something it will happen and i antecipated but no one is talking about it at the moment, so there are no Gallardo or pochettino rumours or anyone else.

But i believe he will be considered. Messi likes him and he would accept moving to Bar?a.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I think the only person crazy enough to take the job and actually be willing to stand up against the seniors would be Bielsa... I'm not saying it's a good idea, but he's probably the only one who wouldn't take shit from anyone...

Raketa10

No one sane. You have to be seriously crazy to think that this squad can be coached. Until our old players retire no coach in the world stands a chance. I hope that Xavi won't even consider to take over now.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Xavi will end up being our best hope for a coach who will bring in a "revival" with full squad upheaval and commanding the respect of the whole team. His comments about requiring clear and total sporting control as well as the power to rebuild a fresh team are very promising.

I just hope that he learned valuable lessons in his last year here under Lucho, where he saw the importance of a coach putting his foot down in terms of authority while also being tactically flexible and not completely dogmatic. I hope that Xavi isn't another Setien who idolizes possession at the expense of everything else, he needs to have a clear understanding that total football =/= basic tiki taka passing. So much more is needed in terms of movement, energy, pressing, verticality in this team.

Has anyone watched his Al Sadd team play? All I've read on the internet is "poor results but they play amazing football" from the usual twitter talking heads. But the truth is that if they see the team string 4 good passes together under Xavi they'll always say "amazing football". I want to know if he brings a clear and unique identity to his side, if he is capable of adjusting and has the awareness to recognize mistakes or possibly beneficial tweaks.

Most of all I hope he understands to play FDJ in his right position. The rest isn't particularly rocket science but for some reason we have had coach after coach still believe in the delusion that Busi is the best CDM in the world and that FDJ is some sort of "Iniesta" type player just because he has good footwork and dribbling.

Messi983

Another suggestion - Miguel Herrera. At least he would bring some passion and crazy celebrations to this semi-dead team.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Home of Barca Fans