Next Barca President (2021)

Next Barca President (2021)

• Total voters

Vilarrubi

Jordi Farre apparently has destroyed the signatures for his candidacy instead of submitting them :lol:

Guessing because he didn’t gather enough votes some of those votes could go to other candidates.... he’s publicly supported Laporta too so maybe some of his voters will vote for him.

khaled_a_d

Official: Joan Laporta, V?ctor Font and Toni Freixa have been declared as official candidates for the FC Barcelona presidency. [fcb]

Full details of the signature count:

Joan Laporta
Signatures presented: 10,272
Signatures validated: 9,625

V?ctor Font
Signatures presented: 4,713
Signatures validated: 4,431

Antoni Freixa
Signatures presented: 2,822
Signatures validated: 2,634. [fcb]

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We need a new board ASAP and now this talk for delaying elections until April sounds terrible.

Messi983

Jordi Farre apparently has destroyed the signatures for his candidacy instead of submitting them :lol:

Guessing because he didn’t gather enough votes some of those votes could go to other candidates.... he’s publicly supported Laporta too so maybe some of his voters will vote for him.

Other candidates who didn't received enough votes have done the same.

wisconsincule

This is so fucking stupid.

The current board needs to get the fuck out. It’s for the best of the club. Get the new board in so they can start putting the pieces back together and planning for the future.

Andresito

Staff member
This is so fucking stupid.

The current board needs to get the fuck out. It?s for the best of the club. Get the new board in so they can start putting the pieces back together and planning for the future.

We have no current board. At least not one with a big mandate.

As much as I want the new president to come in as soon as possible, I understand it's bad to rush the elections with Spain being so affected by the pandemic at the moment.

Not very likely but hopefully the most critical of decisions can be made in agreement with the Laporta, Font and Freixa. Signing Garcia now or in the summer is one.
Even if minimal, there has to be some common ground between them which can be agreed upon now without one of them being the president.

wisconsincule

Isn’t Tusquets from the previous regime? I assume there are other members left behind as well who are making the decisions right now. Yes nothing related to transfers but this is a big business with many moving parts...

I also saw a comment that Bartomeu made from August saying that moving the elections to March 15th will allow for a smooth transition.

This all just stinks to me.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Isn’t Tusquets from the previous regime? I assume there are other members left behind as well who are making the decisions right now. Yes nothing related to transfers but this is a big business with many moving parts...

I also saw a comment that Bartomeu made from August saying that moving the elections to March 15th will allow for a smooth transition.

Indeed. It's all smoke & mirrors. Bartomeu & Rosell are not in the club but are pulling the strings

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Isn?t Tusquets from the previous regime? I assume there are other members left behind as well who are making the decisions right now. Yes nothing related to transfers but this is a big business with many moving parts...

Tusquets was/is the president of the strategic economic commission, which is almost an independent entity within the club as far as I know. He did not see eye to eye with Bartomeu, Enric Tombas who was Bartomeu's economic vice-president and club treasurer and Oscar Grau (the CEO) when it came to our finances, debts and and how the accounts should be interpreted, and rumored had it that he would resign or be pushed out of the club back in 2019. Tusquets is not a Bartomeu guy. All the board members have resigned with Bartomeu I believe, the only executive level person left is Oscar Grau who is still running the day to day operations of the club.

It is not that Tusquets or anybody wants to delay the election, it is that the current lockdown situation in Catalonia and elsewhere in Spain (for the first time we are having a decentralization of voting with voting locations all around Spain) does not permit to have a large number of people coming out and congregating around various voting locations. I hope this doesn't get delayed to that late like April, in the meantime the club has proposed to the Catalan government to allow mail-in voting.

January transfer window is meaningless anyway, we are not selling any players and we don't have money to buy anybody. Why should we even pay money to get Eric Garcia when we can get him for free in summer?

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Not sure if they have any say in this but I wonder if Laporta and Freixa would like mail voting to be allowed. I think Font would be very benificial if that'd be the case.

Home of Barca Fans