View Poll Results: Next Barca President (2021)

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Joan Laporta

11 28.95%
  • Victor Font

23 60.53%
  • Candidate backed by Bartomeu

4 10.53%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next Barca President (2021)

Laporta for me

Font will probably give Xavi (legend yes but nowhere near ready to manage Barca) the manager role and people will fall for the romance of him returning but it'll be another manager out of his depth and more mediocrity. we need a world class manager and since my first choice won't be coming (Klopp) we should move for Pep and Laporta can make that happen imo. I remember when people would say Barca can manage itself and that has obviously been disproven multiple times in recent years.

we need a total rebuild, get rid of the seniors and to do that we need a proven manager with vision, ruthlessness and the ability to improve players. Liverpool humiliated us with players like Wjnaldum and Origi whilst missing their best player - that really shows how important a manager is

Quote Originally Posted by Givenchy View Post
    remember when people would say Barca can manage itself
    Those are idiots who think a season of football is made of only games vs Leganes on Camp Nou and such. Yea, anybody could manage Barcelona to a win vs Leganes but when you meet big teams, poor management shows through always.

The time for a big manager was when we got Valverde I think. Now it's the time for someone who can build something new. Xavi wouldn't be bad imo and deserves a chance.

Of course, there are big managers who also know how to build sides. Like Pep, or Klopp. But getting that sort of manager is very very hard.
    Last edited by serghei; 1st June 2020 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    Those are idiots who think a season of football is made of only games vs Leganes on Camp Nou and such. Yea, anybody could manage Barcelona to a win vs Leganes but when you meet big teams, poor management shows through always.

The time for a big manager was when we got Valverde I think. Now it's the time for someone who can build something new. Xavi wouldn't be bad imo and deserves a chance.

Of course, there are big managers who also know how to build sides. Like Pep, or Klopp. But getting that sort of manager is very very hard.
    I love Xavi, probably my favourite barca player ever after Ronaldinho (too young to of watched Cruyff) but i think giving him the manager role now would be setting him up for failure.

rebuilding a Barca without Messi is probably on par with United losing Sir Alex and imo if we arent careful we could very well end up like them. Pep is possible, especially with City being potentially CL banned, i think he'd jump at the chance to rebuild here once the seniors are gone.

my dream would be Pep managing and Xavi as assistant manager ready to take over in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Givenchy View Post
    Laporta for me

Font will probably give Xavi (legend yes but nowhere near ready to manage Barca) the manager role and people will fall for the romance of him returning but it'll be another manager out of his depth and more mediocrity. we need a world class manager and since my first choice won't be coming (Klopp) we should move for Pep and Laporta can make that happen imo. I remember when people would say Barca can manage itself and that has obviously been disproven multiple times in recent years.

we need a total rebuild, get rid of the seniors and to do that we need a proven manager with vision, ruthlessness and the ability to improve players. Liverpool humiliated us with players like Wjnaldum and Origi whilst missing their best player - that really shows how important a manager is
    You need money for rebuild. Currently we have none. Peps rebuild would take years.

Who tf voted for one of Barto's.

I'm lost for words...
    SKRATTAR DU FĂ–RLORAR DU, MANNEN.

Quote Originally Posted by Donatello View Post
    Who tf voted for one of Barto's.

I'm lost for words...
    The names are public bro