View Poll Results: Next Barca President (2021)

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Joan Laporta

    11 28.95%
  • Victor Font

    23 60.53%
  • Candidate backed by Bartomeu

    4 10.53%
  • Other

    0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 21 of 21

Thread: Next Barca President (2021)

  1. #16
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    5,214
    Laporta for me

    Font will probably give Xavi (legend yes but nowhere near ready to manage Barca) the manager role and people will fall for the romance of him returning but it'll be another manager out of his depth and more mediocrity. we need a world class manager and since my first choice won't be coming (Klopp) we should move for Pep and Laporta can make that happen imo. I remember when people would say Barca can manage itself and that has obviously been disproven multiple times in recent years.

    we need a total rebuild, get rid of the seniors and to do that we need a proven manager with vision, ruthlessness and the ability to improve players. Liverpool humiliated us with players like Wjnaldum and Origi whilst missing their best player - that really shows how important a manager is

  2. #17
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - Tactical Ops. Office
    Posts
    21,537
    Quote Originally Posted by Givenchy View Post
    remember when people would say Barca can manage itself
    Those are idiots who think a season of football is made of only games vs Leganes on Camp Nou and such. Yea, anybody could manage Barcelona to a win vs Leganes but when you meet big teams, poor management shows through always.

    The time for a big manager was when we got Valverde I think. Now it's the time for someone who can build something new. Xavi wouldn't be bad imo and deserves a chance.

    Of course, there are big managers who also know how to build sides. Like Pep, or Klopp. But getting that sort of manager is very very hard.
    Last edited by serghei; 1st June 2020 at 06:38 PM.

  3. #18
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    5,214
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    Those are idiots who think a season of football is made of only games vs Leganes on Camp Nou and such. Yea, anybody could manage Barcelona to a win vs Leganes but when you meet big teams, poor management shows through always.

    The time for a big manager was when we got Valverde I think. Now it's the time for someone who can build something new. Xavi wouldn't be bad imo and deserves a chance.

    Of course, there are big managers who also know how to build sides. Like Pep, or Klopp. But getting that sort of manager is very very hard.
    I love Xavi, probably my favourite barca player ever after Ronaldinho (too young to of watched Cruyff) but i think giving him the manager role now would be setting him up for failure.

    rebuilding a Barca without Messi is probably on par with United losing Sir Alex and imo if we arent careful we could very well end up like them. Pep is possible, especially with City being potentially CL banned, i think he'd jump at the chance to rebuild here once the seniors are gone.

    my dream would be Pep managing and Xavi as assistant manager ready to take over in the future.

  4. #19
    Senior Member
    FinBarcelonafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Turku
    Posts
    7,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Givenchy View Post
    Laporta for me

    Font will probably give Xavi (legend yes but nowhere near ready to manage Barca) the manager role and people will fall for the romance of him returning but it'll be another manager out of his depth and more mediocrity. we need a world class manager and since my first choice won't be coming (Klopp) we should move for Pep and Laporta can make that happen imo. I remember when people would say Barca can manage itself and that has obviously been disproven multiple times in recent years.

    we need a total rebuild, get rid of the seniors and to do that we need a proven manager with vision, ruthlessness and the ability to improve players. Liverpool humiliated us with players like Wjnaldum and Origi whilst missing their best player - that really shows how important a manager is
    You need money for rebuild. Currently we have none. Peps rebuild would take years.

  5. #20
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    1,321
    Who tf voted for one of Barto's.

    I'm lost for words...
    SKRATTAR DU FĂ–RLORAR DU, MANNEN.

  6. #21
    Senior Member
    Andrew M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,765
    Quote Originally Posted by Donatello View Post
    Who tf voted for one of Barto's.

    I'm lost for words...
    The names are public bro