Barcelona 2010/2011 seems so clearly better than 2008/2009 when I watch both play.

Andresito

Staff member
Sure but the history will only record trophies and rm fans will always brag with "their" triple CL in a row performance and thus forever say they were the best team/club in recent history too which is as false as hell since Barca 2009-2011 was way better than any rm side I've ever seen including 2016-2018 team.

In the end football is all about personal sensation. Those Barca v Madrid teams are a bit like Messi v Ronaldo.
In some areas it could be argued Madrid/Ronaldo were better, but the majority of fans, players, coaches, experts know that Barca side was one of the greatest in history and same goes for Messi.
Tbh I've never heard people say 3-CL-Madrid was better than Pep's Barca.

Vilarrubi

Sure but the history will only record trophies and rm fans will always brag with "their" triple CL in a row performance and thus forever say they were the best team/club in recent history too which is as false as hell since Barca 2009-2011 was way better than any rm side I've ever seen including 2016-2018 team.

Calma. Anyone with half a brain cell knows our run was better.

KingLeo10

Yup.

Barca 09-11, Milan 88-90, Ajax 70-73, and RM 55-60 are the only club sides I ever seen being mentioned in the greatest side of all time arguments.

2 CL, 3 LL, 1 treble in 3 years is insane. And that CL exit was a historic upset in CL semis.

serghei

That's not true in the age of the media. Who wants can watch both teams side by side and will see the difference.

FC B

In the end football is all about personal sensation. Those Barca v Madrid teams are a bit like Messi v Ronaldo.
In some areas it could be argued Madrid/Ronaldo were better, but the majority of fans, players, coaches, experts know that Barca side was one of the greatest in history and same goes for Messi.
Tbh I've never heard people say 3-CL-Madrid was better than Pep's Barca.

It's not what you know it's what you can prove. Ofc connaisseurs know and will always acknowledge Barca was far superior to any of the Madrid sides ever. The problem is not many understand or are willing to accept that, especially among their fanbase.
Agreed but I've seen plenty of such brainless people around.
Yup.

Barca 09-11, Milan 88-90, Ajax 70-73, and RM 55-60 are the only club sides I ever seen being mentioned in the greatest side of all time arguments.

2 CL, 3 LL, 1 treble in 3 years is insane. And that CL exit was a historic upset in CL semis.

Yeah. Such a shame to be knocked out by Inter in such a manner like vs. Chelsea 2012 and when you look at Madrid's endless luck in CL 2016-2018 it becomes even harder to bear :)
That's not true in the age of the media. Who wants can watch both teams side by side and will see the difference.

Many watch but not many understand what they see or are willing to accept the obvious truth.

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

Yeah. Such a shame to be knocked out by Inter in such a manner like vs. Chelsea 2012 and when you look at Madrid's endless luck in CL 2016-2018 it becomes even harder to bear :)

Trust me, our success caused RM fans more pain than the other way round :cheers:

serghei

Many watch but not many understand what they see or are willing to accept the obvious truth.

Many understand enough. Not all fans are as dumb as you think. Anyway, it's irrelevant what others think. Still, I believe the ones who think Zidane's Madrid are a better football team than Pep's Barcelona are a very small minority.

Last edited:

FC B

Many understand enough. Not all fans are as dumb as you think. Anyway, it's irrelevant what others think, there will never be a consensus, but the ones who think Zidane's Madrid are a better football team than Pep's Barcelona are a very small minority.

Never thought or said all fans are dumb but that they are many who indeed are and I've had countless experiences with such cases over the years, especially with the glory hunter type of fan of rm.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Just some nice words from Scholes:

"You could go right through the team. In midfield, you had Andres Iniesta, Xavi, Sergio Busquets and Lionel Messi. Henry on the left. Centre halves of Gerard Pique and Carlos Puyol. Just unreal. They’re without doubt the best team I’ve played against. They’re one of the best teams that has ever been."

Home of Barca Fans