Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Xavi Hernandez interview for La Vanguardia on Sunday, 03/29/20

  1. #1
    Banned

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    835

    Xavi Hernandez interview for La Vanguardia on Sunday, 03/29/20

    As many of you know, Xavi had a long interview with Barcelona based newspaper La Vanguardia on Sunday. Here are some important moments from it.

    1. He will take over when a new board is in charge and has set a clear plan for the future.

    2. Xavi wants to start from ground zero and have the decision making power, without any interruptions from anyone.

    3. He will appoint Puyol and Jordi Cruyff as assistants.

    4. Xavi is all for Neymar's return and will love to see him back.

    5. Xavi will keep all our veterans as a starters and has praised them as the best in the World. He thinks the base is very solid and with 1-2 new signings can make it CL contender.

    I was very positive and exited for his return to Camp Nou, but when I read the entire interview, I change my mind. Not a Xavi supporter anymore.

  2. #2
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    21,417
    Quote Originally Posted by LABarcaFan View Post
    As many of you know, Xavi had a long interview with Barcelona based newspaper La Vanguardia on Sunday. Here are some important moments from it.

    1. He will take over when a new board is in charge and has set a clear plan for the future.

    2. Xavi wants to start from ground zero and have the decision making power, without any interruptions from anyone.

    3. He will appoint Puyol and Jordi Cruyff as assistants.

    4. Xavi is all for Neymar's return and will love to see him back.

    5. Xavi will keep all our veterans as a starters and has praised them as the best in the World. He thinks the base is very solid and with 1-2 new signings can make it CL contender.

    I was very positive and exited for his return to Camp Nou, but when I read the entire interview, I change my mind. Not a Xavi supporter anymore.
    Xavi doesnt say he will arrive with a new board which there will be next year regardless.

    Reading it comes across as he wont arrive until this generation is done and he can start from scratch.

    Makes sense as cant see Xavi arrive and have to make tough decisions over players he played with.

    Surely he cant actually watch Barca and believe likes of Pique, Busi, Suarez are still up there as best in world in their position.

  3. #3
    President of FC Barcelona
    DonAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    30,915
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    Xavi doesnt say he will arrive with a new board which there will be next year regardless.

    Reading it comes across as he wont arrive until this generation is done and he can start from scratch.

    Makes sense as cant see Xavi arrive and have to make tough decisions over players he played with.

    Surely he cant actually watch Barca and believe likes of Pique, Busi, Suarez are still up there as best in world in their position.
    He probably doesn't, but he's not going to say that his friends in Pique and Busquets are past it and that the club should move on from them.

    Probably why he want to a start a project from the scratch.

    As for the Neymar comment Xavi said that Barca should sign wingers like Sancho or Gnabry, or Neymar if his issues off the field are resolved.


  4. #4
    Senior Member
    tacticvarium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,685
    Obviously no one will publicly say that his ex-teammates are past their prime time and a club should sell them asap to refresh the squad.

  5. #5
    Banned

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    835
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    Xavi doesnt say he will arrive with a new board which there will be next year regardless.

    Reading it comes across as he wont arrive until this generation is done and he can start from scratch.

    Makes sense as cant see Xavi arrive and have to make tough decisions over players he played with.

    Surely he cant actually watch Barca and believe likes of Pique, Busi, Suarez are still up there as best in world in their position.
    If he does not believe that his buddies are still the best in the world at their positions, then he should not make that silly comment.
    Also, it is well known in Catalunya that Xavi is not a supporter of this board and president, which means that he will wait till 2021 and see how the election will go, then make a decision.

    Quote Originally Posted by tacticvarium View Post
    Obviously no one will publicly say that his ex-teammates are past their prime time and a club should sell them asap to refresh the squad.
    If he is afraid to say it publicly, then he should not mention their names at all. Every Barca fan knows what a burden are his amigos for this club. It is not a time to be politically correct. This situation needs a coach, who can tell them in the face that they are not needed anymore. A hard-liner. Even if we manage to sign Upamecano and Sancho ( he has mentioned just the last one or Gnabry ) if he is planing on using Pique, Busy, Alba and Suarez, his team will have zero chances to win anything in Europe. That is why I think Barcelona will need another coach in 2021. A coach, who can clean the house first, then start building it up.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    tacticvarium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,685
    Quote Originally Posted by LABarcaFan View Post
    If he is afraid to say it publicly, then he should not mention their names at all. Every Barca fan knows what a burden are his amigos for this club. It is not a time to be politically correct. This situation needs a coach, who can tell them in the face that they are not needed anymore. A hard-liner. Even if we manage to sign Upamecano and Sancho ( he has mentioned just the last one or Gnabry ) if he is planing on using Pique, Busy, Alba and Suarez, his team will have zero chances to win anything in Europe. That is why I think Barcelona will need another coach in 2021. A coach, who can clean the house first, then start building it up.
    It's not about whether someone is afraid or not. It's logical to show your respect towards your ex-teammates. Xavi doesn't need to be the one who criticize them publicly since there are already many professional people doing that. Also it's pretty obvious that he was asked questions about the current first team players by the interviewer.

  7. #7
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,048
    Pique, Suarez and Busquets get too much shit though. They are not as great as they once were, but capable enough. Just watch the Anfield tie again if you have the stomach, the weaknesses were clearly Alba, Coutinho and Rakitic. You dont win the CL with 3 non performing players (all were pretty much complete zeros).

  8. #8
    Banned

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    835
    Quote Originally Posted by tacticvarium View Post
    It's not about whether someone is afraid or not. It's logical to show your respect towards your ex-teammates. Xavi doesn't need to be the one who criticize them publicly since there are already many professional people doing that. Also it's pretty obvious that he was asked questions about the current first team players by the interviewer.
    I am sorry, but who are these professional people publicly criticizing Pique, Alba, Busy and Suarez? I don't see them. Of course, the questions from the interviewer were about the first team. I am just wondering what Xavi will do, once he takes over. Is he going to play his buddies every single game?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by mc_lovin View Post
    Pique, Suarez and Busquets get too much shit though. They are not as great as they once were, but capable enough. Just watch the Anfield tie again if you have the stomach, the weaknesses were clearly Alba, Coutinho and Rakitic. You dont win the CL with 3 non performing players (all were pretty much complete zeros).
    Look. They did not get "too much shit" for no reason. Pique, Alba, Busquets and Suarez are visibly our worst players at the moment. Everyone of them has had some good performances here and there, but all overall, they are just craps. Nothing more. Barcelona will never be that respected team again, if we still have in out starting XI this amigos. That is the truth, you like it or not.