Thread: Gustavo Maia

Gustavo Maia

Spanish media are reporting that Barcelona have paid Sao Paulo 1 million euros for the first option of Gustavo Maia, after he impressed for the youth team in the local Junior Cup.

Deal to be completed if Barcelona pay the remaining 3.5m by June.

19 years old. Never heard of him. Never played for Sao Paulo first team. Let's hope he has shown something to Barcelona scouts that even his mother didn't see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jair Ventura
    You can prove anything with facts. Facts cloud my judgement, I prefer to rely on instinct and blind prejudice.

Obligatory Youtube video.

Quote Originally Posted by Jair Ventura
    You can prove anything with facts. Facts cloud my judgement, I prefer to rely on instinct and blind prejudice.

Brazilian Riqui Puig (in terms of physique)

Marca reported that Barcelona had already pay one million euro for Sao Paulo B sensation Gustavo Maia da Silva. The remained of 3.5 M has to be pad by July 30/2020 or Sao Paulo will retain the 1 M deposit.

Gustavo plays as left midfielder and left winger. His shooting foot is the left. Possess very high individual technic, excellent dribbling skills and passing.His trademark are goals from very long distance. Same as R.Puig, he lucks physic and athleticism. Most likely he will start preseason training with Barcelona, but will play for the B formation in the beggining.

According to UOL (via Sport) Barca will meet with his agents in coming days to finalize the transfer.

He seems like winger that could provide a lot of goals and assists. Good shooting with booth feet, he is agile and quite fast. He really understand football and playing one touch football and then go to space.
    He is not so good dribbler like Vini Jr and Rodrygo, but have better decision making and finishing.

Will be sold in 2 years for 5M.