Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 80

Thread: Gustavo Maia

  1. #61
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,220
    Quote Originally Posted by otherpitt33 View Post
    Doesn't sound like many of you have watched him play and/or know how to judge talent.

    He is absolutely amazing!

    Came out of nowhere in Sao Paulo cup before anyone else could see him Barca had already scouted and approached him.

    I think his game is more mature and suited to Barca than Rodrygo and definitely Vinicius and he is literally a fraction of the price!

    Could be one of the best signings in whole of europe, if not the best brazilian signing since R9.

    Everyone was going nuts after his debut scrambling around to sign him.

    N'diaye is also one of the best CB to come out of Africa recently. Depends how they adapt but 2 stunning signings potentially.
    Since R9?

    Chill, now i know you definitely wrong about him.

  2. #62
    Senior Member
    khaled_a_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cairo
    Posts
    11,347
    One thing I like about him, is that he is probably one of the quickest players we have in our 1st/B teams.

  3. #63
    Member
    Jallo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    445
    Apparently he is just another money laundering scheme from Papa Bartomeu

  4. #64
    6racies Xavi
    messi2140's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    5,725
    Quote Originally Posted by otherpitt33 View Post

    Could be one of the best signings in whole of europe, if not the best brazilian signing since R9.

    People from around Ciutat Esportiva have suggested that the level shown by Gustavo Maia is more than alarming. They don't see him with options to even play for Bar?a B. [@josepcapdevila]



    Valverde: "I don't think about resigning and I don't feel like players have failed me."

    Valverde: "This is football. It costs us and it costs the whole world."

  5. #65
    Senior Member
    soul24rage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    3,538

  6. #66
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,922
    What a surprise. On the other hand Antony has benched Neres at Ajax.
    Mes que trenta anys d'edat

  7. #67
    Senior Member
    Messi983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    10,139
    Can we at least give him the benefit of the doubt until we actually see him play in some games?

    People also said Emerson's deal was money laundering and he's proven to be a good La Liga RB. Might not be good enough for us but we could easily make some money selling him. But he's nowhere near to be the next Douglas or something.

    And some people even doubted Pedri's signing at the time.

    What are these rumours based on anyway? A few trainings? Kid needs time to adapt to European football. Also, Capdevilla is still upset we didn't sign that Japanese traitor last year and is criticising every signing since then, lol.


    Quote Originally Posted by Porque View Post
    What a surprise. On the other hand Antony has benched Neres at Ajax.
    What does Antony have to do with Maia? We were never interested in him, he was more expensive and he would never accept to sign for Barca B. If anything we could compare Antony to Trincao and see who of them will have a better career but again direct comparision is stupid since we were never after Antony so we didn't choose Trincao over him.

  8. #68
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,922
    @Messi983.

    Commented on Antony a few pages back. The comparison is that they are the same age and one was starting in Sao Paulo at 19 and the other has never played.

    You just don't buy from Brazil at that age if they haven't got a first team minute as players will regularly break through at 16/17 there.

    The only benefit can be that his fitness is low with the transition during the corona time. It is not an easy period to move and adapt at a young age. I fully expect Pimienta to give him a fair and honest chance. So we will see.

  9. #69
    Senior Member
    Messi983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    10,139
    If he'd been an established first team player in Brazil at 19 then he'd cost at least 15-20m and not 4m. It's a cheap gamble which might paid out or not but don't know why people need to s*** on a kid just to further damage Bartomeu's/board's image. They have many other reasons to do that but even if Maia is not good enough (like Douglas never was) it's not his fault he's here. At least give him a fair chance before writing him off.

  10. #70
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,922
    It's not the kids fault and I wish him well. But when money is "pushed" it will not be on the big deals but the smaller ones which go under the radar. This fits the bill.
    Mes que trenta anys d'edat

  11. #71
    Senior Member
    khaled_a_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cairo
    Posts
    11,347
    Would wait for a couple of months before making a judgement here tbh
    He is a low risk deal, who might end up being a bargain even if for resale value.
    Also, I will take this reports with grain of salt. There are many La Masia maniacs out there , including in the media, who will treat new players like this like a far wing politician treating immigrants.

  12. #72
    Senior Member
    xXKonan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Bartlesville, Oklahoma
    Posts
    17,299
    Josep Capdevila, has been around for many years and is very reliable when it comes to La Masia news.

    But he's also someone who like Khaled said above, is a La Masia Fanatic and some of the stuff he posts and retweets can be facepalm worthy.

  13. #73
    Member
    Jallo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    445
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    Would wait for a couple of months before making a judgement here tbh
    He is a low risk deal, who might end up being a bargain even if for resale value.
    Also, I will take this reports with grain of salt. There are many La Masia maniacs out there , including in the media, who will treat new players like this like a far wing politician treating immigrants.
    4.5m is not low risk considering we have bet on terrible after terrible player from Brazil. If a Brazilian is coming to Bar?a for that cheap something is wrong. 4.5m is low risk for a 19 year Old Brazilian with 1st team experience not a b team experience player. 4.5m Is not low risk when you consider how many of these deals we have done for Brazilian unknowns. Add the fact right now we are so cash strapped we cannot afford to sign anyone. We have spent 4.5m on GM and 7 on MF this year that is 11.5m down the drain on players that will not help us at all.

  14. #74
    Senior Member
    khaled_a_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cairo
    Posts
    11,347
    Quote Originally Posted by Jallo View Post
    4.5m is not low risk considering we have bet on terrible after terrible player from Brazil. If a Brazilian is coming to Bar?a for that cheap something is wrong. 4.5m is low risk for a 19 year Old Brazilian with 1st team experience not a b team experience player. 4.5m Is not low risk when you consider how many of these deals we have done for Brazilian unknowns. Add the fact right now we are so cash strapped we cannot afford to sign anyone. We have spent 4.5m on GM and 7 on MF this year that is 11.5m down the drain on players that will not help us at all.
    We have made some profits from those Brazilians too, guys like Mina and Marlon weren't that hyped and we got good profit from them. Emerson will most likely make us profit.

  15. #75
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    22,828
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    We have made some profits from those Brazilians too, guys like Mina and Marlon weren't that hyped and we got good profit from them. Emerson will most likely make us profit.
    Folk will try to discount Mina as he was established but had he flopped and not got that money he would be included.

    Same with Emerson.