Ruben Diaz

LABarcaFan

And one more quality signing candidate for Barcelona.

Name: RUBEN DIAS
Age - 22
Place of Birt - Amadora, Portugal
Club - Benfica
Position - Central Defender
Market Value - 38 M Euro
National: Portugal National

RUBEN DIAZ - Benfica.jpg

Last edited:

vuji_31

Well this guy looks older.

Also I remember him from playing La Liga in Levante or something like that.

I watched couple of clips he did not impress me but it would be upgrade over Umtiti.

Just hope so before I check that his agent is not Mendez.

Androutsos

Well this guy looks older.

Also I remember him from playing La Liga in Levante or something like that.

I watched couple of clips he did not impress me but it would be upgrade over Umtiti.

Just hope so before I check that his agent is not Mendez.

You got the wrong guy lol

Porque

Is he tall and slow but technically proficient on the ball with sound positioning? IE, the typical Barcelona profile.

Whatever happened to Issa Diop?

18/19 his train was on the hyper loop. 19/20 I have not seen him mentioned once in recommended CB's for us.

vuji_31

Porque good post about our centre backs.

Mediocre not world class in anything..

Well Isa Diop carrier is not in best way since he joined WH. They will probably get relegated.

LABarcaFan

ESPN:

Barcelona and Manch. City are in race to sign Benfica's central defender Ruben Dias (22) according to Record. Dias' agent Jorge Mendes has offered the Portugal international to Barca as a possible replacement for Samuel Umtiti, who is expected to be sold this summer. The 22 y.o. has a 100 mil release clause and is considered as one of the most promising defenders in Europe.

LABarcaFan

http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/15169-Rúben-Dias

You really need to search before making a new thread.

I need to ask something. Is it possible for the local Barca fans to write in Latin alphabet, instead of using the Catalan one? I have very hard time of reading posts where instead of "e" for example they are using combinations of Ao with other asteric marks attached.I believe even the Catalan key-board has the letter "E" or any other letters from the Latin alphabet. If this is English language forum, lets write in English. I also believe that there are other local forums in Barcelona where fans can write on that language (alphabet).
And last. It is not a wrong thread. It is meant for Ruben Dias from Benfica.

Messi983

He reminds me on Rafa Marquez with his longe-range passes but that's basically the only big positive I can get from this higlights video. And while long passes can be useful sometimes they are hardly required in our system. I think he could be a solid replacement for Pique in a few years but for the next season or two we should look for someone who can also play with Pique because he'll inevitably stay a starter. And from a few Benfica games I've watched Dias is not fast and athletic enough so Pique-Dias partnership probably wouldn't be a big improvement on Pique-Lenglet. Another problem is he has just renewed his contract 6 months ago and Benfica is tough to negotiate with. I would be surprised if they would let him go for anything less than 50-60m and possibly even more.

LABarcaFan

From the videos we can see that he is solid central defender, but that 100 m. buy-out clause is way to high for someone like him. For comparison, Upamecano's release clause has dropped to 40 mil, and he is a lot better CB than Dias. The same apply to Konate and few other.

Home of Barca Fans