1852.jpg

Date of Birth: Mar 17, 1994 (25)
Height: 1,77 m
Citizenship: Austria
Current club: RB Leipzig
Positions: AMR, AMC, MC
Foot: Right
Contract expires: 30.06.2022

According to MD our scouts were watching RBL's game vs Tottenham a few days ago. Besides Upamecano and Werner one of the players we're apparently interested in is also Marcel Sabitzer who is having a very good season so far with 15 goals and 8 assists in all competitions. He's a versatile player who can score, assist and also does his job defensively.

a.png

Don't know how serious our interest is but I wouldn't mind him. Still think our primary target in RBL should be Upamecano though.

[youtube]o6nXrpWqy_c[/youtube]

Porque

I thought this guy was younger, but then I realised I was confused with Dominik Szoboszlai of Salzburg who were linked with.

Sabitzer is the right age to enter the side and add some dynamism. But as Frankie is showing, there can be very little impact in the starting 11 unless the stalwarts are gone.

Messi983

I don't know where exactly (position-wise) would he play here. He could probably be used as an offensive CM alongside FDJ and another stronger midfielder like Partey. I'd still prefer Aouar over Sabitzer for that role though as he's younger and with more upside. It's also more likely Lyon would sell him than RBL selling Sabitzer (they will already "lose" Upamecano and Werner so they won't want to sell another key player).

Really hope to be wrong but I just don't see us buying two midfielders. We'll probably spend most of our transfer budget on Lautaro (only to play him on the wings because Suarez must always play, lol) and maybe even Neymar and still have Pique-Lenglet/Umtiti as starting CBs and Busi-FDJ-Arthur in midfield.

BerkeleyBernie

Amazing Ronaldinho-esque touch in today's friendly vs England, as well as the two best shots for Austria, saved by Pickford.

4:40 here:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Great assist today. Contract runs out next summer. Not really your workhorse type of player though, but interesting nonetheless.

Home of Barca Fans