Lliga | Round 28: RCD Mallorca - FC Barcelona 0-4

devo901

Given that we had problems in many away games - AND many injured players returned ... this is a good start as we gained confidence and the "pressure" in on real now.

Slevinn

If you take into consideration that we don't play in CL in this period, the matches aren't that many in a short time compared with a regular season. Last season we played 5 more CL games (return leg Last 16, 2 legs for QF and 2 legs for SF), and now these 5 CL games have been replaced by La Liga games.

So, it's pretty much the same, maybe 1-2 games more in a short period, but overall fewer games.
But our key players are a year older now and last year we played 2 times with a complete B team near the end (If I remember correct) plus the league was basically over after we beat Atletico at home.

We have obviously a good chance, I overreacted, but Real are the favorites in my eyes.

devo901

even if they have the easier enemies on paper... we all know - "if you play bad you lose".

Despite the fact that we had shit games this season AND we lost against real - we are ahead of them 2 points - so how inconsistent is real then?

I am not saying we are the favorite on paper - but this "we have harder games" effect is very small if irrelevant.

KingLeo10

Real doesn't have what it takes to close the deal in LL. This is our area of expertise.

Unfortunately for us, they're the better closers in CL. Wouldn't count them out v City just yet.

FinBarcelonafan

even if they have the easier enemies on paper... we all know - "if you play bad you lose".

Despite the fact that we had shit games this season AND we lost against real - we are ahead of them 2 points - so how inconsistent is real then?

I am not saying we are the favorite on paper - but this "we have harder games" effect is very small if irrelevant.

Good point and this was one of the worst seasons we've had in a while. Real has issues too.

Neeraj

Good game, happy enough with the performance for what it was, coming after 3 months. Briathwate continues to impress.

PS: I walked around the Camp Nou just before the game just to see what the scene was, there's no way to enter through any of the gates, I have no idea how someone enters, unless they climbed up one of the walls, which are not guarded well, and then just pretended to belong. Maybe the stadium at Mallorca is pretty relaxed, like the island haha, pretty hilarious though :lol:

Last edited:

devo901

.. there's no way to enter through any of the gates,

I heard people who are working in some way (cleaning, cafeteria, delivering service, the cabel guy for the journalists .... ) use that- to smuggle fireworks or in this case themselves, into the stadium. Or they know someone that is patrolling the gates, who let them in. Climbing would be quite adventurous ....

EDIT: he said he climbed over a fence :)

Last edited:

Richard.H

Good game, happy enough with the performance for what it was, coming after 3 months. Briathwate continues to impress.

PS: I walked around the Camp Nou just before the game just to see what the scene was, there's no way to enter through any of the gates, I have no idea how someone enters, unless they climbed up one of the walls, which are not guarded well, and then just pretended to belong. Maybe the stadium at Mallorca is pretty relaxed, like the island haha, pretty hilarious though :lol:

It's Spain not the US. when I was in the Camp Nou museum i just opened the caution tapes and took a shortcut to exit the museum. No one batted an eye. I love the laidback atmosphere of most of Europe.

Do that shit here and you'll have someone calling the cops on you.

Home of Barca Fans