Lliga | Round 28: RCD Mallorca - FC Barcelona 0-4

soul24rage

With Lenglet suspended for this match, it's good timing that Umtiti took part of the training today.

Let's hope he stays fit for at least the next 2 weeks.

Andresito

Staff member
With Lenglet suspended for this match, it's good timing that Umtiti took part of the training today.

Let's hope he stays fit for at least the next 2 weeks.

Let's hope our management doesn't forget he's suspended. Wouldn't want to play with a suspended player from before eh :mou:

Messi983

MD says that Luka Romero could make his La Liga debut for Mallorca in this game. He's only 16 and compared to Messi in both Mexico (where he was born) and Argentina (his father is Argentinian and Luka also plays for Argentina youth NTs). Will be interesting to see how he'll do if actually given a chance.

Another interesting thing from today's MD about this kid. He was on trial at Barca when he was only 7 but in the end we couldn't sign him because he was too young to live at La Masia and his parents couldn't move to live and work in BCN. Seems like a really interesting talent if we spoted him at such a young age.

serghei

Another interesting thing from today's MD about this kid. He was on trial at Barca when he was only 7 but in the end we couldn't sign him because he was too young to live at La Masia and his parents couldn't move to live and work in BCN. Seems like a really interesting talent if we spoted him at such a young age.

It could also mean we might have an edge for his future transfer if he's some sort of sensation.

Barcilliant

MD says that Luka Romero could make his La Liga debut for Mallorca in this game. He's only 16 and compared to Messi in both Mexico (where he was born) and Argentina (his father is Argentinian and Luka also plays for Argentina youth NTs). Will be interesting to see how he'll do if actually given a chance.

Reminds me of Gai Assulin rather than Messi.

Andresito

Staff member
So what do we think about the lineup? Vidal has looked sharp in training from what I've seen. Semedo has been injured and Lenglet is suspended.

ter Stegen
Roberto, Pique, Umtiti, Alba
Frenkie, Busi, Arthur
Messi, Suarez, Griezmann

Would've liked to see a midfield of Vidal, Frenkie, Arthur.

jamrock

I just hope we don't see a griezman saurez Messi front line, tired of coaches at barcelona Just playing the big names.

Oh yea let's play the slowest front line of any big team in Europe that in reality will look something like this

..............griezman
..............Messi

..............saurez.

4-3-1-1-1

vinni

I suspect this line up

ter Stegen
Frenkie, Busi, Vidal
Messi, Suarez, Griezmann

If Semedo is actually leaving for City i bet Roberto will start. Vidal or Raki will get the third midfield position. They are probably doing well in training after the break. Better then Arthur at least. Vidal seems sharpest before the break, so ill go for him. I would prefer to see Arthur but he cant really live up to these guys yet. Espcially if they are rested and gaining some form.

The five substitutions is kinda cool though. We can rotate the front line and midfield. The back four when needed. We will see them all soon enough though.

soul24rage

I suspect this line up

ter Stegen
Frenkie, Busi, Vidal
Messi, Suarez, Griezmann

If Semedo is actually leaving for City i bet Roberto will start. Vidal or Raki will get the third midfield position. They are probably doing well in training after the break. Better then Arthur at least. Vidal seems sharpest before the break, so ill go for him. I would prefer to see Arthur but he cant really live up to these guys yet. Espcially if they are rested and gaining some form.

The five substitutions is kinda cool though. We can rotate the front line and midfield. The back four when needed. We will see them all soon enough though.

That's what I think the starting XI will be too.

Braithwaite to sub out Suarez
Rakitic to sub out Vidal
Arthur to sub out Busi
Maybe Ansu for Griezmann if we are leading by few goals

Home of Barca Fans