Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: La Liga Proposes League Suspension.

Culé de Celestial Empire
    Anyways, this set a great example for everyone, with a 70% cut (I don't think any other club has agreed to this kind of steep cut across the board so far, at least I haven't read anything so far. On Juventus, not sure 90m amounts to what percentage, probably quite big too), very good news.

I wonder how much money this 70% cut will save and reallocate (to pay for non-sporting staff salaries etc.).
    Sóc Culer. Go HUAWEI!

By the end of June 2020, all domestic competitions should be completed. That is the last decision by UEFA. Clubs will have to play 2 games per week to finish the regular season. UEFA tournaments games will also be played in a shortened time frame. That is very realistic to me. We have to be patient.

heard the deadline for national competitions is early august (though they will have to start 2e half of june to be completed by early august then)

matches will almost surely be played behind closed doors

However, Casillas, who is running for president of the Spanish Football Federation (RFEF), has come up with a plan.

"If everything is back to normal in three to four months, play the rest [of the season] and have the cup finals and Champions League and Europa League finals in December," he tweeted.

"The next World Cup is in November 2022."

LaLiga president Javier Tebas didn't agree with Casillas' suggestion and pointed to the financial implications of not starting next season on time.
    https://www.marca.com/en/football/sp...f278b45b4.html

It's extremely fortunate for humanity that Iker Casillas only had the responsibility of preventing a ball going into the back of a net and not dealing with a global crises like pandemics.
    Puyol #5