La Liga Proposes League Suspension.

Mitchell1978

Euro 2020 postponed to 2021 so domestic leagues and the CL can finish the season in may & june.

May seems very unrealistic though (just 1,5 months away).

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
How can the clubs cope with the loss of revenue? When will we start hearing about cutting the salaries of players?

The clubs will take a HUGE hit. It is a good question if we, for example will even have enough revenue to cover the existing staff cost, since it is estimated we will be short of 160m at least.

Sailor Mars

I wonder how much money Barca has available in the bank. There could be a lot of other clubs looking to sell players off to make up the lost revenue which would be a buyers market this time around. (especially for oil rich clubs like PSG and Man City who are flush with cash).

There could be significant player movement in the transfer windows once football is back.

JerseyAddict

I wonder how much money Barca has available in the bank. There could be a lot of other clubs looking to sell players off to make up the lost revenue which would be a buyers market this time around. (especially for oil rich clubs like PSG and Man City who are flush with cash).

There could be significant player movement in the transfer windows once football is back.

You could be spot on.
In crisis people with money always get opportunity and thrive

FinBarcelonafan

True. This could be massive opportunity for the oil teams.

eaman

Going to sit down this saturday with a few beers and watch a couple of classic matches. Have decided on the 2011 champions league final and would like some suggestions for another. I have seen so many barca games in the last 20 years or so I cant remember exactly which ones were the best. I mean the ones that had it all. I remember a few Sevilla and valencia games at the nou camp were brilliant but pinpointing them exactly is hard. It has to be a pep era game and at the nou camp preferably. Also not just a big scoreline or chances created but brilliant team play and a messi goat performance to top it off. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Going to sit down this saturday with a few beers and watch a couple of classic matches. Have decided on the 2011 champions league final and would like some suggestions for another. I have seen so many barca games in the last 20 years or so I cant remember exactly which ones were the best. I mean the ones that had it all. I remember a few Sevilla and valencia games at the nou camp were brilliant but pinpointing them exactly is hard. It has to be a pep era game and at the nou camp preferably. Also not just a big scoreline or chances created but brilliant team play and a messi goat performance to top it off. Any suggestions?

Different suggestion: Barca has the centenario friendly against Brazil from 1999 on their youtube channel. Nice piece of history.

eaman

Supercopa Sevilla Barcelona 3:4 with that Pedro goal
UCL final Utd Barcelona 0:2 2009 iirc
Real Barcelona 2:6 2009

All good choices but still I'm looking for a game where the quality of play was at it's very best. All these games were top quality but there were definitely better games played at the nou camp. The 5 nil against real in 2010 was also good but it was more of game where we capitalised on mistakes or countered quickly. It didnt really have the very best tiki taka.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans