La Liga Proposes League Suspension.

FCBfan22

This is probably just the beginning. It all depends what happens in the next 10 days then.

If the situation doesn't get better in 14-20 days, I think the 2019/2020 LL season could be aborted.

FCBfan22

I'd expect the next 2 rounds to be postponed. After that they'll assess the situation.

So the Mallorca and Leganes games will likely be played at a later date. The CL? I think that there is a high probability that European competitions are abandoned next year.

Last edited:

FCBfan22

We could become champions thanks to Betis and Corona :cheers:

Well, I think if LL is suspended, there won't be a champion, as it's unfair to both our main competitors and to teams that would get relegated.

At least Setien will get 2-3 weeks of pre-season with the team.
:benitez:

Messi983

I would really feel bad for teams like Getafe and Sociedad who have great seasons if they would cancel the season. And on the other hand wouldn't be happy about Asspanyol not getting relegated.

I still don't see Tebas&Co. doing such a drastical decision as canceling the season for now. They'll play the games behind closed doors or a few rounds will be moved to later dates. But if situation won't get better until late April/early May then anything can happen.

FCBfan22

I still don't see Tebas&Co. doing such a drastical decision as canceling the season for now. They'll play the games behind closed doors or a few rounds will be moved to later dates. But if situation won't get better until late April/early May then anything can happen.

This.

Andresito

Staff member
I would really feel bad for teams like Getafe and Sociedad who have great seasons if they would cancel the season. And on the other hand wouldn't be happy about Asspanyol not getting relegated.

Tebas won't have a say in it if it comes from the government, like it did in Italy.

FCBfan22

Tebas won't have a say in it if it comes from the government, like it did in Italy.

It all depends on how they word it. If they ban mass gatherings of people (like they did in Slovenia), sports events can still go on without spectators. But if they ban sporting events, then Tebas has no power.

Also, it's logical to ban lower-tier competitions, as the spectators have easy access to players. The higher-tier competitions usually have seperated high-security entrances, which players can access with their car/bus with no contact with "outside" people.

Home of Barca Fans