3 - Alejandro Balde

FC433

Looks a lot better than he actually is. Solid defensively (uncommon for a young player), but underwhelming offensively. Does not take any risk and he is very conservative. Hard to pull him out of his position, but he also rarely makes forward runs. Still young though!

Andresito

Staff member
Reports that he'll be Firpo's replacement. Not directly however, as he'll keep playing for Barca B and called upon when needed.

We also have Dest who can play LB. We do look thin on the full back front, but Roberto should be back in a month or so.

behindbrowneyes

According to Sport he is the next in line for a permanent promotion. Firpo leaving in summer is already agreed.

They like Gaya, but have agreed that a striker is more important as Alba still is decent enough for another season as starter.

xXKonan

Think it's a wee bit too early to promote him and he's hasn't established himself yet as a full-time starter with the B team as Pimienta has also been using Mika Marmol as an LB quite a bit this season as well.

I think what's going to happen is he will train with the main team more often next season and might get a game here and there but there's a bigger chance Dest will end up being Alba's main backup in a number of games with Roberto/Emerson? filling in the RB spot when Dest is playing LB.

behindbrowneyes

Think it's a wee bit too early to promote him and he's hasn't established himself yet as a full-time starter with the B team as Pimienta has also been using Mika Marmol as an LB quite a bit this season as well.

I agree with you but you never know these days. Ansu never played for Barca B IIRC and was doing so so well before he got injured. Not gonna say he is that good, but he looks promising and some players have the necessary confidence to not get roasted by seniors even at 17. I mean, let's be honest, it is hard to do worse than Firpo.

gregorrin10

Should really buy an established and proven quality player that is Gaya, to bench Alba, and then promote Balde once Alba leaves (which would probably be in 2 or even 1 year, considering Alba's toxic and cry baby attitude, he'd probably start raising hell the moment Gaya overtook him as a starter, like he did when Lucho benched him). Perfect. Can't see 17-year old Balde benching Alba, and I really can't stand the thought of Alba being a starter for us even a year longer, much less two or even three years, like Pique is at 34. And one or two more years in the B team would be good for Balde too.

mc_lovin

Another Mendes client - like Ansu. I really hope he doesnt f*** us over. Ilaix-Ansu-Balde is the holy trinity of La Masia for me. I dont rate the rest too much from what I have seen.

Home of Barca Fans