If you could sign one of Sancho or Neymar for the LW positon, who would you sign?

Sancho or Neymar

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Pros and Cons

Neymar:

Pros - Proven Quality, plays well with Messi, more of a goalscorer than Sancho

Cons - Injury issues, issues off the field, seem to be excelling as a CAM rather than a LW, his age as he's seemingly lost a significant amount of explosivity

Sancho:

Pros - Young and upcoming, has excelled as a LW and RW, no injury history

Cons - Might possibly struggle to adapt? Do we really want to spend a lot of money on a young winger again after Dembele?

Add your thoughts/opinions and pros and cons down below along with your vote

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If it has to be one of the two then Sancho hands down. Young, won't be on huge salary and worst case scenario we can sell him for very good money, not the same case with Neymar.

DonAK

Obviously if you believe there are better options than both of them be free to voice your opinion.

Sailor Mars

Between the two, Sancho. He will have much more resale value as he is younger and Premier League teams love overspending for English players.

BBZ8800

Between the two, Sancho. He will have much more resale value as he is younger and Premier League teams love overspending for English players.

We thought the same about Dembele.

Bought for 145M.
Would anyone pay even 50M for him today except maybe PSG because he is French?

DonAK

Bought for 145M.

So Neymar then? I saw that you wrote you want Salah, but let's be realistic, there's zero chance of Salah, Mané leaving Liverpool for Barcelona and zero chance Liverpool will sell them to Barca for anything other than a close to World Record fee after the shithousery we pulled off with Coutinho.

Sailor Mars

Bought for 145M.

There are many more English teams that are very rich compared to French teams. In France, it is only PSG.
In England, Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea, and Liverpool are all very rich and can be brought into a bidding war.

Plus Sancho is already very marketable in England, whereas Dembele was taking a backseat for Mbappe.

mc_lovin

Just take responsibility for our shit transfers and plan with Dembele/Fati/Griezmann on LW (in that order) and focus on our other issues (1CF, 1midfielder, 1CB).

Neymar would be damning and Sancho far too expensive (140ME+?).

MTL_Barca

Bought for 145M.

Well it's always rough to sell a player who's always injured, but unless someone already has a record of being injury prone (like Neymar at this point) that isn't something you know in advance.

If it was between the 2 probably Sancho for me. Most likely a lot less expensive in both fee and salary, younger and didn't sue the club. Not signing another 120+ mil player unless they know what they are gonna do with the last 3 would be the preferred option though, otherwise it'll get out of hand.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Neither.

Sancho's personality is very much like Neymar's so it's impossible to know his ceiling, even if his numbers are good. Hyped a lot because he's English. Dives too much as well :crbust:

Neymar is too expensive, tries to play too much like Messi nowadays and will contribute to Club de Amigos negatively. Oh and all of the shit surrounding him by the way he left.

Both of them are too big of a risk for the sum we'll have to pay.

LeeRomeno

Neither, Sancho feels like young Neymar already and would be another diva in squad, while Neymar is soon past his best and i feel like his lifestyle will make him lose whatever skills he has very soon. There have been countless cases of party-loving brazilians losing the touch in their late 20s and he is fast approaching that age.

serghei

Sancho no doubt for me. I think he is a great player. He is more Salah, Hazard and Messi than Dembele/Neymar/Robben types. Sancho can take over and play Messi's role as winger-playmaker.

I was a big fan of Neymar, but he betrayed the club and cost himself his career. Under no circumstances would I ever want him back. Except if he can turn back time and be 24 again. He deprived us of his prime years with his greed. And now he wants to come back at near 30 and relax with the Club de Amigos, Messi and Suarez? No fucking way.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans