If you could sign one of Sancho or Neymar for the LW positon, who would you sign?

Sancho or Neymar

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Messi983

Yea, well, that's team #notrophiesfor5years.

We won't get much trophies anyway until amigos are here. I've said it before I think we should do a total rebuild even if this means being 2-3 years without trophies.

Get rid of amigos, stop buying 100m players and instead look for younger and cheaper players before they explode in other clubs and let them develop here. Trincao could be one of them. Pedri possibly as well.

serghei

We won't get much trophies anyway until amigos are here. I've said it before I think we should do a total rebuild even if this means being 2-3 years without trophies.

Get rid of amigos, stop buying 100m players and instead look for younger and cheaper players before they explode in other clubs and let them develop here. Trincao could be one of them. Pedri possibly as well.

I agree with this mate. But it's not going to happen. And instead of spending 150-180m. on new Amigos like Neymar and shooting ourselves in the foot big time, spend it on high-end talents like Sancho at least. Or spend money to reinforce more positions, like do your scouting properly and buy about 3-4 players worth 40-50m each and fill in the gaps in midfield, defense, wing. But for this you need a top management. Because otherwise you send that money on Arda Turans or Gomes.

If we were smart enough and good enough to really have an eye for talent we'd be signing these players, not Dortmund.

This board can only do one thing. Spend money galactico style and see if it sticks or not. They have an abysmal track record for how much they've spent. If we are to go this route, go for Haaland, Sancho, Lautaro. Not fucking chief Amigo Neymar.

Also, I agree with 2-3 years without trophies. Which is why I want our big money signings to be players who we could use these 2-3 years of no trophies, and be in their absolute prime when they new cycle is ready. This means we should look at 19-22 years old players, who would be 23-25 in a few years. Ready to be key pieces in a new hopefully dominant team. Ideally, you get your hands of the good stuff like Dortmund do, before they become stars like Sancho is now. But are we smart enough to do that? Don't think we are. We are rich and powerful, not smart.

Neymar doesn't fit that plan. He is an Amigo-profile short fix who would put us in a bigger hole than the one we're in now.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
[MENTION=20930]Messi983[/MENTION] [MENTION=15262]serghei[/MENTION]

I don't think it would work in practice. It's very much a FIFA/FM kind of strategy with a huge risk involved in reality.
We're basically going to get rid of too many of the veterans in one go, leaving us without leaders or role models in the dressing room. With other players having to step up into a bigger role by force rather than growing into it. We'd lose so much identity. Frenkie said the player who helped him the most so far was Busquets, we can't underestimate that, especially if we're going to be buying young talents.

The player's we'd sign would be a big risk, how do we know they won't end up like Dembélé?
2-3 years with no trophies would be OK if it would guarantee a period of success afterwards, but we could end up with another 2-3 trophyless years on top of that.

My suggestion is we get rid of 1 or 2 of the most influential Amigos (Alba, Piqué, Busquets, Suárez) each year starting 2020 (ideally it would've started earlier). I think it's very important we disband the 30+ gang.
- Suárez would be on the top of my list out of the four I mentioned. The rest can stay for another year with decreased roles.
- Rakitic should've been sold 2018.
- Vidal still has a purpose in this team so he can stay unless we get a good offer.

serghei

Busquets imo is not a very vocal Amigo. I think he is similar to Xavi in this area. He will help the team as a squad player too without much fuss. The problems are Messi, Suarez, Pique. These are the actual Amigos imo. Alba too possibly.

The problem is I don't have faith in this board to replace these veterans. They are incompetents imo and cater to them.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
The problem is I don't have faith in this board to replace these veterans. They are incompetents imo and cater to them.

Yes, I also thought of this. When talking about rebuilding we need a clear direction and a coach to lead it. The current board, management nor coach are trustable in this regard.

serghei

Yes, I also thought of this. When talking about rebuilding we need a clear direction and a coach to lead it. The current board, management nor coach are trustable in this regard.

Exactly. It's very logical and simple in terms of structure, but hard to implement, because it takes balls and cynical management to phase out legends.

Basically the logical path is this one.

Board decide to rejuvenate the team and make drastic changes -> Choosing a manager to invest him with this task (key) -> manager implements the program and makes decisions about players who need replacing -> Board implement the changes.

The manager might decide players can't follow his vision if:
- they are not good enough technically or tactically
- they are simply too old, and need to be phased out
- they are undisciplined, and don't really want to follow the program

Deco and Ronaldinho were the third case. They were still technically good enough, but they were undisciplined and were't really with their head in the game at that point, and were immediately removed. Eto'o was also seen as undisciplined and was cut off as well. Now, Eto'o was a wrong call, by the right manager. And these will happen.

That is the sort of backing a manager needs for a full rebuild. Every decision which is explained, needs backing by the board, simply because the board chose the manager and trust him with this project.

For example, what if the new manager comes and says 'I can't count on Messi anymore. I want to have a high pressing team. And Messi, because his off the ball movement is not good enough, causes my team to be unable to press properly. Because the player in Messi's zone is always free to receive the ball, and this makes my pressing tactics useless'. You can't really argue with that. You need to allow the manager to bench Messi.

Can you really as a board say to the manager, 'Sorry man, you have to ditch your pressing tactic and choose something else. Messi is Messi'. No, you can't. That would be really bad. You chose the manager you trust after becoming convinced he is the man you need for the job. Then, you back the manager by helping him implement his vision. You can't really hire a manager and then condition what he can or can't do. He can and should be able to take any decision a normal manager can do. Any manager we get under the new board must have 100% full powers associated with his profession.

Last edited:

LeeRomeno

I agree with this mate. But it's not going to happen. And instead of spending 150-180m. on new Amigos like Neymar and shooting ourselves in the foot big time, spend it on high-end talents like Sancho at least. Or spend money to reinforce more positions, like do your scouting properly and buy about 3-4 players worth 40-50m each and fill in the gaps in midfield, defense, wing. But for this you need a top management. Because otherwise you send that money on Arda Turans or Gomes.

If we were smart enough and good enough to really have an eye for talent we'd be signing these players, not Dortmund.

This board can only do one thing. Spend money galactico style and see if it sticks or not. They have an abysmal track record for how much they've spent. If we are to go this route, go for Haaland, Sancho, Lautaro. Not fucking chief Amigo Neymar.

Also, I agree with 2-3 years without trophies. Which is why I want our big money signings to be players who we could use these 2-3 years of no trophies, and be in their absolute prime when they new cycle is ready. This means we should look at 19-22 years old players, who would be 23-25 in a few years. Ready to be key pieces in a new hopefully dominant team. Ideally, you get your hands of the good stuff like Dortmund do, before they become stars like Sancho is now. But are we smart enough to do that? Don't think we are. We are rich and powerful, not smart.

Neymar doesn't fit that plan. He is an Amigo-profile short fix who would put us in a bigger hole than the one we're in now.

There is a big difference between feeder clubs like Dortmund, majority of French and Portugese league clubs, Ajax and top clubs like us, Real, Premier top 6, Juventus and Bayern. Majority of the young talents do not last longer than 1, max 3 years there. Their entire business model is built upon getting cheap talent, making big names out of them and selling with profit. Most of youngsters want to join those clubs, because they know they will play key role there and they will have enough chances to earn that multimillion deal. They do not get those chances in Barcelona. Dembele did not want to come here, Haaland probably would have never joined us, Sancho actually left ManCity for the same reason.

serghei

There is a big difference between feeder clubs like Dortmund, majority of French and Portugese league clubs, Ajax and top clubs like us, Real, Premier top 6, Juventus and Bayern. Majority of the young talents do not last longer than 1, max 3 years there. Their entire business model is built upon getting cheap talent, making big names out of them and selling with profit. Most of youngsters want to join those clubs, because they know they will play key role there and they will have enough chances to earn that multimillion deal. They do not get those chances in Barcelona. Dembele did not want to come here, Haaland probably would have never joined us, Sancho actually left ManCity for the same reason.

I agree. But even then Madrid got more top young players on the cheap than us. It's impossible for us to develop players at the same rate as Dortmund for example. But we can still do much better than we did in recent years.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
None of them.

#TeamFati
#TeamTrincao

Trincao is a RW and Fati is not someone you can lean on right now so we need a LW. Barca is the only team that barely have any wingers. I'm not sure you can even count Ansu as a LW, he's a different kind of player. More in the mould of someone like Villa or Eto'o.

If not Sancho or Neymar, we still need a LW.

LeeRomeno

I agree. But even then Madrid got more top young players on the cheap than us. It's impossible for us to develop players at the same rate as Dortmund for example. But we can still do much better than we did in recent years.

Real Madrid has no issues sending superstars away (Ronaldo) as well or bench them (Bale) and replace them with new ones. Our entire club focus is built upon keeping Messi and his friends as happy as possible. This means any newcomer (unless you are a global superstar) having issues getting enough playtime.

Raketa10

It's almost certain that Neymar won't return to his former level and above all that he has big issues with injuries and lifestyle. He betrayed this club in the worst possible way and above all that he is still suing us. No fucking way should we sign him again regardless of the fact that our players want him back.

On the other side Sancho is a big risk with his current price tag. If I had to choose I would choose Sancho but if you ask me would I pay 120 mil for Sancho or go with Demebele/Fati combo for another season I am have no doubt at all that Dembele/Fati is the way to go. IMHO we should first concentrate on a striker and than winger since we already spend 30 mil on Trincao.

Also bare in mind that if we go out and buy another winger and a new no.9 together with Trincao we could jeopardize Fati's development. Remember for how long we have waited for another gem to come out of La Masia so under no circumstances should we give his playing time to another 120 mil player or we'll witness another Thiago case next summer. So if you ask me go for Lautaro or Haaland and forget about the winger for now. We should rather try to reinforce midfield and defense with that money.

Only in case our manager and his team are convinced Fati can play as a no.9 should we go out and look for another winger but in that case we should forget about no.9. So if you ask me we should either sign a winger or no.9 but not both of them. FFS we should put a little trust in this kid and La Masia. We are not talking here about Roberto or Alena level player, we are talking about Fati who is for sure the biggest talent La Masia has produced after Thiago left. That being said I believe Fati is more a winger than striker but we'll see in which direction will hiss carrier go.

Last edited:

Messi983

Trincao is a RW and Fati is not someone you can lean on right now so we need a LW. Barca is the only team that barely have any wingers. I'm not sure you can even count Ansu as a LW, he's a different kind of player. More in the mould of someone like Villa or Eto'o.

As I've said before I don't see a clear need for a LW, especially not for a 100m+ winger who would longterm limit Fati's chances to make it here.

Raketa10

I don't agree on this. Fati is a real gem so we need to put trust in him. It's the only way to go if you want develop a player. Of course you can't expect form a 17y old kid to make a difference in every single game but if we overcrowd our attack Fati will be benched and his development will be obstructed. I personally don't want to see that. This kid deserves to be trusted and Barca has to go back to its roots. Risking with a 120 mil players on the expanse of homegrown talents is wrong in every possible way.

Home of Barca Fans