The Dutch Eredivisie

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Totally agree, what a disgrace... And the friggin smile on the attacker's face makes me want to hurt him really bad. Awful, just awful.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Saw the match, very good football by PSv who should've scored 10 goals at least... Ajax again fails, maybe 3rd time they won't come back in the 2nd half of the season?

yahudi

An amazing counter-attack and a nice finish to put Roda in front. Vermeer could've done better though

Edman

Big game this weekend with Feynoord (#3) - PSV (#1)

I would be happy with a tie or a Feynoord-win. ;)

Trickykid

So, Catorce (yeah, sorry, I know you're no Ajax fan, but you seem to know a thing or two about them anyhow) and our other resident Dutchies, would you care to enlighten me on a few matters regarding the Danish contingent in the upcoming season?

I was wondering, what will the arrival of Bojan mean to Fischer? Near the end of last season he looked more or less like a sure starter, but surely Bojan will claim a vast amount of his minutes, unless of course De Boer somehow will fit them both in the starting XI?

Also, how does the near future look for Boilesen? Is he starting to regain fitness, and are you guys counting on him to be a regular fixture this season once he hits full stride?

I really liked the look of Lucas Andersen back when he was still playing in Denmark. How is he regarded in Holland? Will he get minutes early on in the season, or are you still on the fence about him?

Thanks!

Gilberto

I know I am not Catorce, but I will try to answer some questions ;)

In the practice match against Werder Bremen, both Fischer and Bojan played. Fischer played as a left winger, the position he always plays in. Bojan played as a right winger. De Boer will prioritize using Fischer, because he actually belongs to the club (Ajax own Fischer), unlike Bojan (because he is on loan), and because they are very similar players, style-wise and quality-wise. Bojan will just be some sort of backup I guess. He will probably play RW most matches.

Boilesen has been injured for almost 2 years, but during that period, he has gained 8 kilograms of weight/muscle without losing speed, he said recently. Frank de Boer recently said Boilesen 'has become a man.' Last season, Dayley Blind took the spot of Boilesen as a left back and Blind even made it to the Dutch national team, because he played very well. Right now, Blind will probably be the regular starter and not Boilesen, because Boilesen hasn't played in a long time. However, he sure is and was a good player, so he might be able to become the 1st choice again.

I haven't seen Andersen play to be honest, mainly because he has only made a few appearances for the first team of Ajax. I do think the time is right for de Boer to start using him more often. The problem for Andersen is that Ajax has a lot of forwards and midfielders.

Excuse me for my bad english :)

EDIT: I don't support Ajax either so I don't know a hell of a lot about the club.
When I watch Dutch football I am pretty much a neutral spectator :D

Last edited:

Gohan

Super Saiyan
Fischer and Bojan will both be in the starting IX

Fischer was last years revelation and will play on the left wing.

To be fair Bojan has no real competition for the right wing position.. Seeing that Suleymani left so both will probably start.

Trickykid

Thanks, guys. Much appreciated.
I had actually hoped that Bojan would get minutes as a traditional 9, but I guess not. Glad to hear he won't hamper Fischer's progress, though, in any case.

About Boilesen, I had so high hopes for the lad. It sounds like he's on the right track. Hopefully he'll stay injury free this season.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Nothing much to add, agree that Fischer and Bojan will most likely be starters at Ajax. Like Fischer a lot, curious to see how he develops. I like him way more than Eriksen, to be honest.

About Bojan; either RW (most likely) or as a ST. Sigthorsson might not start, or Bojan could prove he is good at the ST position. Then you can get Fischer as LW, Bojan at ST and Schone at RW, for instance. We'll see!

Love the way PSV is transforming, also very curious as to how that works out. I think they will have to try to fight for 2nd, title is too much I reckon.

Der Kaiser

Love the way PSV is transforming, also very curious as to how that works out. I think they will have to try to fight for 2nd, title is too much I reckon.

Are they going to buy anyone else this summer? They must have shitload of money and lost so many key players...

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Are they going to buy anyone else this summer? They must have shitload of money and lost so many key players...

They are now negotiating a contract with Ji-Sung Park, an old hero of mine when he played here. They have enough players I think, no need for new players. If Tyton or Zoet leaves they will most certainly get Gomes back, otherwise not. They have already acquired;

Jeffrey Bruma
Santiago Arias
Adam Maher
Stijn Schaars
Florian Jozefzoon
Karim Rekik
(Ji-Sung Park)

Add to that the return of Manolev and Zoet, that makes for almost a completely new team.

AFCA

So, Catorce (yeah, sorry, I know you're no Ajax fan, but you seem to know a thing or two about them anyhow) and our other resident Dutchies, would you care to enlighten me on a few matters regarding the Danish contingent in the upcoming season?

I was wondering, what will the arrival of Bojan mean to Fischer? Near the end of last season he looked more or less like a sure starter, but surely Bojan will claim a vast amount of his minutes, unless of course De Boer somehow will fit them both in the starting XI?

Also, how does the near future look for Boilesen? Is he starting to regain fitness, and are you guys counting on him to be a regular fixture this season once he hits full stride?

I really liked the look of Lucas Andersen back when he was still playing in Denmark. How is he regarded in Holland? Will he get minutes early on in the season, or are you still on the fence about him?

Thanks!

Boilesen will be able to play one game a week until winter break. If that goes well he will be able to play every game. At that point he won't be having any problem playing Blind out of the starting XI. Can't wait for that moment. Incredible potential.

Andersen made a great impression replacing Bojan this past weekend. With Boerrigter leaving to Celtic he will probably get more playing time.

Trickykid

Boilesen will be able to play one game a week until winter break. If that goes well he will be able to play every game. At that point he won't be having any problem playing Blind out of the starting XI. Can't wait for that moment. Incredible potential.

Andersen made a great impression replacing Bojan this past weekend. With Boerrigter leaving to Celtic he will probably get more playing time.

Great news on both accounts. Please do keep us updated!

Home of Barca Fans