The Dutch Eredivisie

AFCA

Clasie is a very good player, but Cabral is awful :D Haha
Some other players, some already mentioned by Marc, to watch out for this season:

- Lens (PSV)
- Depay (PSV)
- Willems (PSV)
- Viergever (AZ)
- Maher (AZ)
- Altidore (AZ)
- Van Rijn (Ajax)
- Eriksen (Ajax)
- Tadic (Twente)
- Chadli (Twente)
- Martins Indi (Feyenoord)
- Clasie (Feyenoord)

Just some, there are more good players :)

Djuricic (Heerenveen), think he is better than Maher.

AFCA

Pay attention to Feyenoord, their academy is so strong, curently, better then Ajax. Stefan de Vrij, Clasie, Cabral, Martins Indi and there is one 17 years old boy, I forgot his name, all from Feyenoord. Dusan Tadic from Twente continued his great form from last season, he is incredible, never thought he would become such a fine player.

Why do you think Feyenoord's academy is better? We became champions last year with 9/10 academy players each game.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
He is strange, has quality and he is good kid, but injuries and mentality are not helping him. He does not have strong personality, he had same issues in Serbian teams. I hope he can make it in Florence, as I said, has the quality, just needs to sort out his head.

Good to know, he's staying in NAC for now but they are following him for a possible move in January or next summer. Thanks for the report.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Why do you think Feyenoord's academy is better? We became champions last year with 9/10 academy players each game.

I am not a Feyenoord or an Ajax fan, but I might believe the fact Feyenoord's academy is at the moment a bit better, looking at how many youngsters feature in the younger national teams. Doesn't mean that all those players will eventually make it to the top, of course.

And about Ajax winning with 10 homegrown players... Bulshit. Eriksen wasn't a product of the academy, so weren't Vertongen and Alderweireld, who came in at 16, 16 and 15. Fischer came in at 17, and now the whole of Amsterdam are shouting that they created the best future players. Come on.

AFCA

I am not a Feyenoord or an Ajax fan, but I might believe the fact Feyenoord's academy is at the moment a bit better, looking at how many youngsters feature in the younger national teams. Doesn't mean that all those players will eventually make it to the top, of course.

And about Ajax winning with 10 homegrown players... Bulshit. Eriksen wasn't a product of the academy, so weren't Vertongen and Alderweireld, who came in at 16, 16 and 15. Fischer came in at 17, and now the whole of Amsterdam are shouting that they created the best future players. Come on.

Would say it's equal in the national youth teams, you can look at the new pre-selections at onsoranje.

Hmm... so 15 and 16 doesn't make you an academy product? Agree with you about Eriksen and Fischer(although great scouting by academy). But Vertonghen and Alderweireld came here from Beerschot. We had a partnership with them at the time and they followed our academy rules. They were taught our philosophy. And if we look at it your way:
Puyol-17
Fontas-18
Busquets-17
Pedro-17
And Thiago and Messi like 14. Maybe we can count them in as well.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Twente 15 out of 5 games, looking very good! Did not think they would be so consistent from the start of the league...

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Very very nice goal by Schone! Picked him up for free, great stuff on the transfer market by Ajax.

PSV lost 1-0 to Utrecht, what an awful match. vBommel picked up his 5th yellow, and gotta give it to him it wasn't that big of a deal... But props to Utrecht, well done.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
After 6 matches with 18 points, Twente finally lost today against Ajax, who got the gap down to 3 points. Vitesse still hanging around at the top spots, little Chelsea ding actually good here. Tomorrow PSV will try to get to the top spots, but it is an away match so they'll probably lose points...

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Nice league, they all try to play football the right way.

Not all ;) But yeah, a lot of teams try to play some nice football. Last years Heracles Almelo, although playing on artificial grass which I hate, played some excellent combination football. Also; watch out for Djuricic from SC Heerenveen, superb little player to watch!

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Feyenoord and Ajax both drawing, PSV wins easily with 4-0 (Lens 1 goal, 3 assists). Now the top match; Twente vs AZ. Exciting weekend!

BerkeleyBernie

Man, Dries Mertens has got to get on a better team that can finish the fantastic passes and crosses he provides. His vision and passing accuracy is similar to Messi's, and he's a great dead ball kicker. I can't count the number of setups he provided today wasted by his finesse-less teammates.

Talk of interest by some EPL teams, but I'd much rather see him him in La Liga or Bundesliga, where his ground passing and link-up play can shine

BerkeleyBernie

I'm sorry, this looks like self-defense to me (and I'm about as pacifist as they come). It doesn't matter that the keeper has knocked the attacker to the ground- until the attacker is disabled, or others come to restrain the attacker, he is still a threat. You don't give a wacko a second chance to come at you again.

If a person attacks you on the street out of nowhere with a flying karate kick, and you manage to knock them to the ground, you either run like hell, or you continue to subdue the threat (flight or fight). It's instinctive survival. If the attacker were a wild animal or a pitbull (instead of an agro wacko), do you think you wouldn't keep hitting it to keep it on the ground and subdued? Damn right you would, until it turned tail and ran away. Watch the wacko- he doesn't try to escape. He is not subdued. As far as the keeper is concerned, the wacko isn't finished yet.

You can see, once the keeper backs off after security has secured the attacker, he is still on his guard as he senses another person running towards him. Once he realizes it's not another wacko, he finally senses the threat is over and relaxes his guard.

The wacko should be banned? Hell, that's assault, he's going to prison. This is no different than the nutjob who stuck a knife in Monica Seles during a match. Too bad she didn't see it coming- if she had, you know damn well she would have smashed him repeatedly in the face with the metal edge of her racquet until help arrived.

Remember this incident? Well, it just happened again, but this time the goalie didn't take action to disable the attacker. I stand by my remarks above.

Home of Barca Fans