Martin Braithwaite

serghei

I agree with Wolfe. We play with a purpose now, and a clear tactical plan. This guy is hungry to prove himself and we are at a point of crisis where we can't pick and choose who we want. Fati is losing steam. He has a 17 year older body that can't take full on professional tough football on a weekly basis, or even 2 times a week.

Let's just see how he does after a few games. The price is a bit too high.

If this guy is fast, hardworking, physically top notch and can score goals, he'll do.

Last edited:

Kul_z

Its not his fault, its on board. I wish him all the best, and im curious how the first, call it reinforcement would adapt under setien, because under ev every single player we bought flopped or underperformed. If Setien wasnt aware of this transfer, then, houston we have a problem of epic proportions.

El Gato

Villarato!

Listen to him from 1:43 and tell me this is a man who will sulk on the bench, go out partying or sit there, never learn anything and collect a paycheck.

I'm very curious how this will turn out. I can't help but be kinda happy for him, because you can tell he's a guy who just got a real break coming from nothing. It's really reminiscent of how Vazquez was never on madridistas radar and then we bought him back to sub in for Bale, and he ended up being the most confident player on the pitch in the 2015/16 CL final - still remember that story told by Kroos how all the famous players were bricking it before penalties and Vazquez just spun the ball on the tip of his finger and put it away past the keeper without breaking a sweat. Or even Navas who was solid for several years at Levante, had a great season and sensational WC and actually got picked up by a big club and given a real shot. I just hope our defenders don't underestimate him if he does play against us. Those are the kinds of players you sleep on and who get you. He doesn't lack confidence as evidenced by this unveiling, so his worst problem would actually be becoming delusional about his position in the team. Step by step and he can be a very good LW utility.

Last edited:

serghei

Well... his tricks with the ball are better than Dembele's in his presentation :lol:.

Also, don't just discount hard working players who take their chance with both hands and dig deep for it. Now that I think of it, it's a pity he can't play vs Napoli. He seems very strong physically and is very fast. Two things which we lack a lot.

Leipzig team from the other day in CL which just outplayed Tottenham has 2-3 Braithwaites and a bunch of talented youngsters. That's basically their whole team with a top manager running it.

Last edited:

Messi983

KPB was brought as a backup to Suarez who (while playing through injuries) was still available in most games and also EV didn't want him (he probably prefered someone like Fernando Llorente who he already knew). Funny thing here is I think if we wouldn't have KPB last year he would be one of the candidates this season and also wouldn't surprise me if he'd come now and play quite well under Setien like he did at Las Palmas.

Braithwaite is brought in a situation where we've had only 3 healthy forwards, one of them being a 17 year old kid who as [MENTION=15262]serghei[/MENTION] said could be overburned if he'd play too much and if we really count on Fati for the future we shouldn't expose him like that. So if 18m is a price we had to pay to protect Fati's future a bit I'm ok with this.

Of course it would be much better if we would brought someone a month ago (even if it would be Braithwaite if he's the one who Setien prefers for his versatility) but now it's too late to cry about missed opportunities. At least we have a bit more depth now and I think Braithwaite could be a nice surprise. I think his mentality is like Paulinho's and he'll want to prove his doubters wrong. He has also shown ability to adapt fast last January when he came to La Liga. I know a jump from Leganes to Barça is big but it would be very important if he can also adapt fast in his current situation.

serghei

I would personally play him vs Eibar and give Fati a rest before Napoli. Kid's been playing almost every game for months now.

Eibar at home is just about the perfect game to build some confidence.

devo901

from the video he seems to have pace and know how to pass and also has good sense of positioning. A bit like Suarez

... so given that we need someone desperately - and our options at this point are very limited..... unless we want to put a 30+ midfielder from Chile as a forward - I think that is an ok deal. Yes, 30mil. is a lot - but not for one of the richest clubs in the world.

FCBfan22

Hopefully he indeed plays this weekend. We should try and rest all front 3 before Napoli. Plop Bob at RW and play Braithwaite full 90. Give Messi and Griezmann a half each.

CatalinR10

joggling better than Dembele

PalatableFixedBoto-size_restricted.gif

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
This will be interesting, to say the least :lol: I hope our players are professional and accept him quickly, make him feel at home - the rest is on Martin.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He has a couple of things going for him that we actually need. Pace and ability to run in behind. Let's see if he can use that well.

Quality wise itself he's not good enough, however he has a few traits that we need that could work in his favour.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He might be faster than anyone else we have in the squad right now (Dembele discarded because he is injured, of course). I guess that alone is a good sign. Let's see how he performs.

BusiTheKing

Been tired of watching him in the national team for years. Of course the universe sends him so I can be tired of him for Barca as well.

Home of Barca Fans