Martin Braithwaite

tacticvarium

He turns 29 this year and never played at a top level team throughout his entire career.
Even zero experiences in Europa League.
Do you really need to give him a chance to see how he will perform?
It's pretty fucking obvious this was nothing more than a goddamn waste of money.
Imagine what else could be done with that money.
These stupid sports teams waste way too much money tbh and there should be some strict regulation.

CatalinR10

jesus christ contract until 2024 or i saw it wrong?wtf??

Until 2024?

Morons.

Guys chill , he won't stay that long. We'll send him on loan in the summer with us paying half his wages.

PalatableFixedBoto-size_restricted.gif

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Poor guy has become a meme before even starting a match.

Suarez getting injured was something noone could have predicted but we didn't have a replacement for him to begin with and then selling Perez too was board's fault 100%

El Gato

Villarato!
I understand the point you’re getting at, but I doubt Braithwaite is any good. This is another Prince situation. When Madrid made similar transfers they brought in adebayor and chicharito, who did a job for them. Prince and this Braithwaite guy are just not good enough.

No it isn't. KBP was a washed up 30 year old loanee who thought he won a lottery ticket to get to train at Barcelona for 6 months, attend the Amigos' parties and hope he wouldn't suck too much when actually having to play. Braithwaite is a proper transfer of a respectful player who not only agreed to leave a team he was a topscorer for when he could refuse and has to try and make something of it instead of pissing the opportunity away. Plus it's under a different manager. So as long as Messi and Alba aren't cunts about it and actually put in the effort to incorporate and use him, he'll be a useful rotation player. One you didn't really have since Pedro left.

Comparing him to Lucas Vazquez is a crime. Thanks for trying to flatter us but Braithwaite is probably not even closed to being a 5th of what Lucas Vazquez is.

Read what I wrote again.

El Gato

Villarato!
Whatever Wolfe.

Haha, no offense bro.

I just don't understand people blowing a gasket on everything about this transfer, from quality of the player (which isn't nearly as bad as of the players that came before him), through the terms of his contract (where release clause is completely irrelevant information reported by the media to draw cheap laughs from people eating up Twitter information and the length is a totally arbitrary meaningless number), all the way to knee jerk reactions and predictions as to where he will be in 6-24 months time which is dependent on a thousand factors.

And all that when the only thing wrong with the whole operation is that Barca chose to make it happen on a whim 3 weeks too late and at the cost of Leganes Primera chances.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Haha, no offense bro.

I just don't understand people blowing a gasket on everything about this transfer, from quality of the player (which isn't nearly as bad as of the players that came before him), through the terms of his contract (where release clause is completely irrelevant information reported by the media to draw cheap laughs from people eating up Twitter information and the length is a totally arbitrary meaningless number), all the way to knee jerk reactions and predictions as to where he will be in 6-24 months time which is dependent on a thousand factors.

And all that when the only thing wrong with the whole operation is that Barca chose to make it happen on a whim 3 weeks too late and at the cost of Leganes Primera chances.

This was probably what some people said when we loaned KPB last season, trying to make something out of a useless signing. You put 2 and 2 together and can make a prediction based on the player's past performance and qualities shown. Of course that prediction is not necessarily correct but the likelihood of him being anything useful to us is small at this point.

Not to mention we spent 18m on him, plus salary. Sigh.

El Gato

Villarato!
This was probably what some people said when we loaned KPB last season, trying to make something out of a useless signing. You put 2 and 2 together and can make a prediction based on the player's past performance and qualities shown. Of course that prediction is not necessarily correct but the likelihood of him being anything useful to us is small at this point.

Not to mention we spent 18m on him, plus salary. Sigh.

Some people for sure. Except those people probably didn't honestly look at the Ts & Cs of the operations. As I said to Hamzah earlier, the two deals are nothing alike, nor are the two people. One's a has-been forgotten by just about everybody who got 6 months to fuck around with a bunch of celebrity players under one of the meekest of managers running things, while the other is a guy that probably never thought he'd amount to much despite clearly being good enough at some things to the extent that he is a noteworthy La Liga player. And from what I've seen, has the right kind of mind, so safe to assume he will apply and get something out of the opportunity of a lifetime.

Evaluate on case by case basis people...

Home of Barca Fans