Martin Braithwaite

El Gato

Villarato!
Can't wait to see this guy play again. I think he'll be one of our most motivated players for the rest of the season.

Best hope he didn't lose steam after the initial feelings directly post-transfer where media was all over him and he had something to prove. It tends to happen with guys who settle in and become part of the furniture. I guess not much has changed since, but his type are momentum players, it may take a while before he has his moment again.

behindbrowneyes

Him as a fresh substitute must be a nightmare for defenders with 65 minutes in their legs.

By the way, in the Austrian league there are 5 substitutions allowed now ("Corona"-rule) and I remember La Liga discussing the same, but didn't follow the topic: are clubs allowed to make 5 substitutions for the rest of the season?

Andresito

Staff member
By the way, in the Austrian league there are 5 substitutions allowed now ("Corona"-rule) and I remember La Liga discussing the same, but didn't follow the topic: are clubs allowed to make 5 substitutions for the rest of the season?

It should be across all leagues. What differs from league to league is the number of substitues for a match, I think.

El Gato

Villarato!

Yes. And Setien already said it'll cause Barca problems as he's afraid fresh players late in the game will shift things for them. Total lol at the small club mentality and the public lack of trust in bench players.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/bar...s-five-subs-could-be-detrimental-to-game-plan

El Gato

Villarato!
Was it? I think it's a good reflection of how he misjudges situations and says wrong things at the wrong time. Same interview and he bitches about not having time to prepare or go into video rooms. Negative mindset, bitching and whining. Didn't he say he was satisfied with how Barca played vs Napoli? Or was it another big game? Red flags everywhere.

JamDav1982

Was it? I think it's a good reflection of how he misjudges situations and says wrong things at the wrong time. Same interview and he bitches about not having time to prepare or go into video rooms. Negative mindset, bitching and whining. Didn't he say he was satisfied with how Barca played vs Napoli? Or was it another big game? Red flags everywhere.

The quote was not reported in full.

Barca did play reasonably well away to Napoli... Zidane said Real played well v City.

None of it will make all that much difference.

Barcilliant

Braithwaite should get more minutes.
He seems very motivated and I think it was a mistake not to start him against Real.

JamDav1982

He will surely get minutes as Barca protect legs when ahead.

Need to be taking off Messi/Suarez etc when few goals up and half hour to go.

If those two play 90 mins every few games and walk about to save legs for next one it would be a disgrace and not putting team first.

Should be same for Alba, Busquets and Pique.

El Gato

Villarato!
The quote was not reported in full.

Barca did play reasonably well away to Napoli... Zidane said Real played well v City.

None of it will make all that much difference.

Might have been another game. I don't think Barca did enough for anyone to say they played well.

Zidane didn't say it to leave an impression that he's satisfied. Clearly wasn't and said you pay for the mistakes you make.

But yes, doesn't really matter if you say it once. Except Setien is kinda famous for saying dumb shit publically.

JamDav1982

Might have been another game. I don't think Barca did enough for anyone to say they played well.

Zidane didn't say it to leave an impression that he's satisfied. Clearly wasn't and said you pay for the mistakes you make.

But yes, doesn't really matter if you say it once. Except Setien is kinda famous for saying dumb shit publically.

In an away tie they in CL where Barca have struggled they played well and were the better side so not outlandish.

For Zidane to state Real played very well at home to Man City is ridiculous. They were by far the second best side in that game.

What else has Setien said that think is so dumb?

Comments after Napoli game from Setien are below.... Not as if he was doing cartwheels and trying to make out Barca were magnificent.

“It’s a good result, although we had to work really hard to create goal-scoring opportunities,” said the coach in his press conference after a 1-1 draw.

“Napoli found the net with their only real chance of the first half. We weren’t sharp enough to break through the defensive wall that Napoli erected.

“After the equaliser, they opened up a little and we were able to hurt them more. They played very well and it was not easy, so a score draw is fine going into the second leg.

“It was a difficult match and I congratulate my players on the result, but we must be sharper against defensive teams. It’s a matter of patience.

“We will have more options in the second leg, as it’s unlikely a team will be able to defend for that long at Camp Nou. We’ve got to think positive and cannot complain.”

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Fuck me man, do you not read or something jamdav?

What else has Setien said that think is so dumb?

Comments after Napoli game from Setien are below.... Not as if he was doing cartwheels and trying to make out Barca were magnificent.

?It?s a good result, although we had to work really hard to create goal-scoring opportunities,? said the coach in his press conference after a 1-1 draw.

?Napoli found the net with their only real chance of the first half. We weren?t sharp enough to break through the defensive wall that Napoli erected.

?After the equaliser, they opened up a little and we were able to hurt them more. They played very well and it was not easy, so a score draw is fine going into the second leg.

?It was a difficult match and I congratulate my players on the result, but we must be sharper against defensive teams. It?s a matter of patience.

?We will have more options in the second leg, as it?s unlikely a team will be able to defend for that long at Camp Nou. We?ve got to think positive and cannot complain.?

Didn't I say twice it may have been a different game he had a completely opposite take on to the general opinion?

Also, we didn't play badly vs City at all, even if second best to City on that night. Plus they still only won because of our individual mistakes rather than them putting on some clinic. They came off the good league form, we played like shit the entire Feb and we suck at Bernabeu in big games. Relative to most of our results and offensive form, we played well that game. I'm satisfied as a fan, because it's an upswing from the norm. Zidane clearly cares more about mistakes, as he said in that presser.

Home of Barca Fans