Martin Braithwaite

malvolio

Maradona never scored an away goal in CL or Uefa cup (won 1988/89) in his whole career
Braithwaite scored 2 goals in 91min in CL

Braithwaite > Maradona

That also needs to be said.

Edit. only with Barcelona scored away goals (last away goal with 22yo) :barcascarf:

you didn't read BBZ's post fine print. it is away goal in CL after 2000.

but we all know maradona was a lazy shit who didn't press. terrible player.

BBZ8800

Maradona never scored an away goal in CL or Uefa cup (won 1988/89) in his whole career
Braithwaite scored 2 goals in 91min in CL

Braithwaite > Maradona

That also needs to be said.

Edit. only with Barcelona scored away goals (last away goal with 22yo) :barcascarf:

With Barca he played only 3 away matches in Europe.

1982/83 = 1 match, 2 goals
1983/84 = 2 matches, 3 goals

So, 3 matches, 5 goals.

Now, compare it to amount of matches Messi is playing.

I didn't even bother to check Maradona's Napoli's European matches, because it will probably be something like: 10 away matches in total in his whole career.

Yet, Messi has 1 (right?) CL KO away goal in the last 5 years?

Monumental success.
Everyone else is guilty, I know.

MagIX

With Barca he played only 3 away matches in Europe.

1982/83 = 1 match, 2 goals
1983/84 = 2 matches, 3 goals

So, 3 matches, 5 goals.

Now, compare it to amount of matches Messi is playing.

I didn't even bother to check Maradona's Napoli's European matches, because it will probably be something like: 10 away matches in total in his whole career.

Yet, Messi has 1 (right?) CL KO away goal in the last 5 years?

Monumental success.
Everyone else is guilty, I know.

ou're right, in this case the situation of maradona is even worse:

3 goals vs FC Magdeburg (???) 1. round (=not ko match)
2 goal vs Red Star (1/16 finals)

How is possible that a player cosidered the best ever has such statistc ?
horrible overhyped player
Monumental success

Without adding that he won the Uefa cup 88/89 without scoring a single away goal ! not one !!!!!
And this player should be the best ever ?
Monumental success

Without adding that in Uefa Cup 1986 Napoli lost in the first round vs FC Toulouse on penalty (3-5) and the
only one who missed the penalty has been Maradona !!
it could be his 1. away goal after Barcelona, and he trhew aways the chance to get more matches to score away goals so he could
be considered a good soccer player !
Best player a shit !!
Monumental success

Uefa cup no away goals in 11 matches (10 Napoli, 1 Barca) ! not even vs PAOK Salonika !
Monumental success

And in CL's even worse (2 times in CL, 6 matches) .Despite being considered the best ever he could not carry his team ... i don't say
to the final or 1/2 final... but not even to the 1/8 final. He partecipatd 2x in CL, out first round and out second round (1/16 finals),
with only 2 goals (not away goals) vs UJpest (???)
The best ever with such statistic ???
Monumental success

Who give a shit about away goals, as away goals are THE WAY to judge a player. Paranoid.
Or judging a player for the numbers of goals he scored or according to the titles he won with his team or only on statistic basis :facepalm:
Statistic....It's like saying since CR scored 312 goal in 9 years with RM in la liga, but he only won 2 liga without not even being picici these 2 years = ... i don't konw for exemple shit player, useless goals, overhyped, and so on. :facepalm:

FinBarcelonafan

Monumental success

Without adding that he won the Uefa cup 88/89 without scoring a single away goal ! not one !!!!!
Monumental success

Without adding that in Uefa Cup 1986 Napoli lost in the first round vs FC Toulouse on penalty (3-5) and the
it could be his 1. away goal after Barcelona, and he trhew aways the chance to get more matches to score away goals so he could
Best player a shit !!
Monumental success

Uefa cup no away goals in 11 matches (10 Napoli, 1 Barca) ! not even vs PAOK Salonika !
Monumental success

And in CL's even worse (2 times in CL, 6 matches) .Despite being considered the best ever he could not carry his team ... i don't say
to the final or 1/2 final... but not even to the 1/8 final. He partecipatd 2x in CL, out first round and out second round (1/16 finals),
Monumental success

Who give a shit about away goals, as away goals are THE WAY to judge a player. Paranoid.
Or judging a player for the numbers of goals he scored or according to the titles he won with his team or only on statistic basis :facepalm:
Statistic....It's like saying since CR scored 312 goal in 9 years with RM in la liga, but he only won 2 liga without not even being picici these 2 years = ... i don't konw for exemple shit player, useless goals, overhyped, and so on. :facepalm:

Good point and funny stats. Stats can make anyone look good or bad, depending what you want.

CatalinR10

Monumental success

Monumental success

Best player a shit !!
Monumental success

Monumental success

Monumental success

excelent post dawg

BBZ8800

I'll never understand why this guy isn't playing all the time.

Over 38 rounds, he would easily score 15-20 goals and he is always creating some danger.

But he is not the most technical player, maybe this is why Barca DNA coaches are neglecting him.

He is offering a physical presence in the box, an aerial threat and he is lucky with tap ins.
And other teammates have less defenders on their back since they need to mark Braith.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
The fact he's not a midget already enables him to hold the ball and lay it off as a true attacker would. Braithwaite is not the standard we should aspire for but we definitely need to buy a better and younger CF with his profile.

El Gato

Villarato!
Cheap Haaland

Jesus christ...

Always good to see a guy like Martin contribute in the few games he's supposed to be useful for. But I'm sure malvolios of this world hate to see it and take the bait of the morons who think he's some world beater.

Joan

He's def no world beater, but makes the team better. Nice to see hard working guys contributing.

vuji_31

Jesus christ...

Always good to see a guy like Martin contribute in the few games he's supposed to be useful for. But I'm sure malvolios of this world hate to see it and take the bait of the morons who think he's some world beater.
Have you heard of sarcasm?

Home of Barca Fans