Martin Braithwaite

Barca1989

Inlike how he's playing and scoring. However, I think, if we have a chance in January, we should get a good and cheap 9 (we only have Martin)

Andresito

Staff member
Got to give credit to Koeman who's built a pretty solid tactic that even a shit striker like Braithwaite looks good in it.

Braithwaite isn't doing anything special, and I'm fine with that. He's just working his ass off and plays as simple as a striker can play: simple passing, running and shooting. A classic #9.

FinBarcelonafan

Got to give credit to Koeman who's built a pretty solid tactic that even a shit striker like Braithwaite looks good in it.

Braithwaite isn't doing anything special, and I'm fine with that. He's just working his ass off and plays as simple as a striker can play: simple passing, running and shooting. A classic #9.

Yet Suarez couldn't do this..

Messed up passing, waiting/looking for Messi, not making runs behind, too slow, no ability to dribble and bad pressing. Man, I dont miss Suarez at all even though he has few World Class attributes.

We've been screaming for years more movement.. and Braithwaite provides that. It's enough for now.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Yet Suarez couldn't do this..

Messed up passing, waiting/looking for Messi, not making runs behind, too slow, no ability to dribble and bad pressing. Man, I dont miss Suarez at all even though he has few World Class attributes.

We've been screaming for years more movement.. and Braithwaite provides that. It's enough for now.

Yeah but that's mostly because Suarez still thinks he's the same player he was 5 years ago. He's failed to adapt to his declining body and that's why he has looked like a donkey for us, trying to do things he can't do anymore.

El Gato

Villarato!
fixtures and goals that don't mean anything, sadly. that is his level.

Pretty sure Liga goals mean a lot.
And it doesn't matter how much they mean. Deep squad is there to play in games that better players can be saved in i.e. Origi etc etc. Very good player to have for lower Copa rounds too and won't even be the absolute worst thing to have if you have to resort to playing him vs top side. Will stand out, but not the sole reason for you getting a negative result.

raedkuwait

Remember when suarez was injured, i am 100% sure if we didnt have the corona period
the outcome of the league with this guy playing instead of the donkey suarez would
have been totally different.

Porque

It's nice to have a proper striker. Braithwaite isn't the man to lead the line past this season, but hopefully he is the man to show that what we need going forward is a proper 9 and none of this False 9 de 5th Avenue bollocks.

BBZ8800

I don't understand why are there so many comments how he isn't good and how he should be replaced with a better player next season.

WHO are those better players?
1. Lautaro, short, weak physical presence in the box.
There is no way that he would do better than Braith who is helping to the whole attacking line due to dragging the opponents away and always lurking inside of a box.
Lautaro would be another second striker who links up and drops deep who operates in similar areas as Messi, Griezz and Cou.

2. Depay, more technical, less physical, less true No9.

What options are left at all?
Obviously, Halaand would be better but we don't have money.

Out of other players linked with Barca, none seems to be a good, old, physical, true No9 like Martin.

So, who are those guys whom should we buy next summer instead of Martin?

And please guys, just don't mention some shitty weak "Barca DNA" attackers like Jesus and similar.

malvolio

BBZ's new favourite player. :p

not only does he masturbate over braithwaite's exploits against three bum teams that we defeated by 3-4 goals anyway, but he actually goes on full troll mode with comparisons against lautaro or depay, who for better or worse lead the line for argentina/inter and holland/lyon.

the guy is a certified idiot as trolling has a minimum level of truth to it.

Pretty sure Liga goals mean a lot.
And it doesn't matter how much they mean. Deep squad is there to play in games that better players can be saved in i.e. Origi etc etc. Very good player to have for lower Copa rounds too and won't even be the absolute worst thing to have if you have to resort to playing him vs top side. Will stand out, but not the sole reason for you getting a negative result.

scoring against osasuna, at home, in a 4-0 win, isn't something to brag about. it's like last year when people were mentioning that griezmann did score a few, but when you looked at the circumstances those were mainly goals at home, in big wins.

not expecting for him to be suarez 2014, but i'll reserve some praise for when he'll do it in some meaningful circumstances. we'll have to buy a very good striker anyway.

Last edited:

CatalinR10

I don't understand why are there so many comments how he isn't good and how he should be replaced with a better player next season.

WHO are those better players?
1. Lautaro, short, weak physical presence in the box.
There is no way that he would do better than Braith who is helping to the whole attacking line due to dragging the opponents away and always lurking inside of a box.
Lautaro would be another second striker who links up and drops deep who operates in similar areas as Messi, Griezz and Cou.

2. Depay, more technical, less physical, less true No9.

What options are left at all?
Obviously, Halaand would be better but we don't have money.

Out of other players linked with Barca, none seems to be a good, old, physical, true No9 like Martin.

So, who are those guys whom should we buy next summer instead of Martin?

And please guys, just don't mention some shitty weak "Barca DNA" attackers like Jesus and similar.

His best games came against 2 teams that have a total of 2 points combined in the CL group where's there 1 more game to play. They are one of the worst teams in this year's CL.

You have the habbit of trashing players you don't like when they perform good against mediocre teams but try to make your argument on players you like based on performances against shit teams. Double standard much ?

There is a reason he was playing at Leganes , a bottom table team.

I am happy he got some goals even if it's against shit teams because it's better than not scoring at all but he's not the solution. We can sell Coutinho / Griezmann and make room financially for Haaland or a top striker.

Home of Barca Fans