Martin Braithwaite

Vilarrubi

His runs, pace and playing off the last man is refreshing.

Fuck trying to pass our way through defences with no real striker, it’s boring and ineffective.

Think he could be dangerous as hell if Messi keeps up those insane through balls like he was against Osasuna.

malvolio

The only one who "hates" Braithwaite is malvolio because he's afraid he will be proven wrong. Others support Martin.

hate would be an overstatement. only player i despise is griezmann, but even with him i don't care anymore. i just liked to have a go at wolfe regarding braith's status, since he was a fan oh his.

Name one player in a team who is scoring more than him or scoring against better teams.

I can't think of any.

Martineo Braithwessi.

He is right in this instance though. Braiths impact is visible and obviously makes team play better no matter the circumstances or opponent and Barca plays "farmers" 90% out of the season anyway. And given that against the left 10% nonfarmers Messi, Cout and Griez combo has sucked big ol' ass, you lose your point anyway.
And really, who should Barca replace him with in current financial situation? We already have 4 (if including Pedri) AMs up front there so getting someone like Depay, who is more of the same only crappier quality, would be absolute disaster.

no he isn't. the initial discussion started with BBZ telling us that no one in our team is scoring more than him or scoring against better teams. which is a stupid conclusion to make after 3 games as starter, weak opponents and some players missing through injury or rotation.
he then went into beyond stupid mode with comparisons against lautaro and depay. i very much doubt it both those players wouldn't have scored in those same games, regardless of them being pure strikers or not.

i too agree to the fact braith is better than nothing and the that he is the only one that knows to play the role. i've always advocated that we should have a pure striker upfront and not some false 9 bullshit experiment.

right now he is doing ok and just represents a stop gap. let's hope he does it against better opposition also.

feggydinho

I always knew that we were supposed to replace Suarez with someone like Raul Gimenez (but he recently cracked his skull), I still don't get why our Scouts can't look for good strikers when they are out there. I'm loving Braithwaite movements at the moment, but getting another striker would be good incase he injures

BBZ8800

Malvolio, you don't get it.
Depay and Lautaro are similar to what we already have.

And we struggle with 4 similar payers in attack.

Imagine Cf Lautaro, and 3 Cams Cou, Messi, Griezz.

With Lautaro dropping deep, Messi dropping deep.

And then you have only one option: dribble past 5 or TikiTaka through their defense.

Instead of playing simpler, dumber and more efficient with a good old no 9 in the box.

Real won 4 CLs with hurling crosses to Cr7 and him scoring tapins on the far post (with two guys in the box and dragging their defenders in Cr7 and Benzema).
When we don't have anyone in the box, then Messi is marked by 3-4 players all the time.

Who can score headers or tapins when you have 4 similar players?
The only way to score goals are individual magic like a goal from Griezz or Messi against Osasuna.

Another thing about Braithwaite, if a team will play good with him, it is more likely that we will go after Halaand or a no9 in the future and move on from Pep's style No9s like Jesus or Lautaro.

I am having nightmares of those type of Cfs.

malvolio

Malvolio, you don't get it.
Depay and Lautaro are similar to what we already have.

And we struggle with 4 similar payers in attack.

Imagine Cf Lautaro, and 3 Cams Cou, Messi, Griezz.

With Lautaro dropping deep, Messi dropping deep.

And then you have only one option: dribble past 5 or TikiTaka through their defense.

Instead of playing simpler, dumber and more efficient with a good old no 9 in the box.

Real won 4 CLs with hurling crosses to Cr7 and him scoring tapins on the far post (with two guys in the box and dragging their defenders in Cr7 and Benzema).
When we don't have anyone in the box, then Messi is marked by 3-4 players all the time.

Who can score headers or tapins when you have 4 similar players?
The only way to score goals are individual magic like a goal from Griezz or Messi against Osasuna.

Another thing about Braithwaite, if a team will play good with him, it is more likely that we will go after Halaand or a no9 in the future and move on from Pep's style No9s like Jesus or Lautaro.

I am having nightmares of those type of Cfs.

you're talking about the longer game. with that i'm in agreement, although lautaro is not far from what etoo or villa played as far as style is concerned(actual quality and position is something else).

but depay or lautaro not scoring a couple of goals in these last three games? those two have more in their baggage then braith those. even griezmann the eunuch scored.

for me personally, i wouldn't like for barca to go the other teams route. i like us playing 433, i like the passing and the movement opposed to crossing infinitely, i like smart strikers a la etoo or suarez. that's why i'm not impressed by liverpool's or bayern's current style. and it's not as if before pep came we played so much differently. it's just that the bald lucky fucker hit the jackpot with the la masia golden generation.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans