Martin Braithwaite

FinBarcelonafan

I'll never understand why this guy isn't playing all the time.

Over 38 rounds, he would easily score 15-20 goals and he is always creating some danger.

But he is not the most technical player, maybe this is why Barca DNA coaches are neglecting him.

He is offering a physical presence in the box, an aerial threat and he is lucky with tap ins.
And other teammates have less defenders on their back since they need to mark Braith.

True. He earned another game with today's performance. Keep it up..

clemente

I like him because you can tell he knows how lucky he is to play here, usually players once they get here look depressed making 500k a week.

serghei

I'll never understand why this guy isn't playing all the time.

Over 38 rounds, he would easily score 15-20 goals and he is always creating some danger.

But he is not the most technical player, maybe this is why Barca DNA coaches are neglecting him.

He is offering a physical presence in the box, an aerial threat and he is lucky with tap ins.
And other teammates have less defenders on their back since they need to mark Braith.

I think his technique and hold up play is quite underrated actually. Certainly not a player that is clumsy with the ball.

jairzinho

I think Koeman is slowly realizing how much value he can bring to the team. He might not be an elite 9 but he is the only attacker at present that possesses the 'right' charactersitics to function effectively in that position. Basically he does what a 'textbook' 9 is supposed to do. The other problem is where to fit Messi. IMO His best position is centrally behind the striker where he can roam and create but then again he is a defensive liability.

serghei

I think Koeman is slowly realizing how much value he can bring to the team. He might not be an elite 9 but he is the only attacker at present that possesses the 'right' charactersitics to function effectively in that position. Basically he does what a 'textbook' 9 is supposed to do. The other problem is where to fit Messi. IMO His best position is centrally behind the striker where he can roam and create but then again he is a defensive liability.

Messi's position is not a problem for me, making him stick to his zone is. He is great when switching positions with Griezmann from CAM to RW, and anywhere between that, to even appearing in the hole at "9". The problem is he drifts away from that positional sweet-spot for him, sometimes wildly. When he does that, his performances drop.

malvolio

Jesus christ...

Always good to see a guy like Martin contribute in the few games he's supposed to be useful for. But I'm sure malvolios of this world hate to see it and take the bait of the morons who think he's some world beater.

world class bullshiter wolfe getting riled up by a harmless joke. :lol:

haven't seen the match, did your boy do well? you're going to pimp him on other club forums now that his stock is rising?

good on him, guess anything goes now since he's the only real striker in the squad. maybe with confidence he'll score also in harder games, when a goal can make a difference.

khaled_a_d

He makes us better.
The trio of Messi- Griezmann- Coutinho played their best together due to the fact they had true 9 in front of them

BusiTheKing

I'm not saying that his style of movement doesn't provide good structure for the attack but you're kidding yourself if you believe that this guy will

a) contribute creatively with anything beyond a lay off or a one-two station.
or b) semi-consistently score non-tap in goals

I mean, I'm not saying that there isn't a miniscule chance of him actually turning into a gifted footballer at 29 years old but it would negate everything about his career so far.

FinBarcelonafan

I'm not saying that his style of movement doesn't provide good structure for the attack but you're kidding yourself if you believe that this guy will

a) contribute creatively with anything beyond a lay off or a one-two station.
or b) semi-consistently score non-tap in goals

I mean, I'm not saying that there isn't a miniscule chance of him actually turning into a gifted footballer at 29 years old but it would negate everything about his career so far.

When you have three magicians Coutinho/Messi and Griezmann behind him, I dont think he needs to be anything super special. Make runs, create space and finish some chance and we will be better off.

Home of Barca Fans