Rijkaard or Guardiola?

Rijkaard or Guardiola?

• Rijkaard

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Guardiola

Votes: 34 85.0%

• Total voters

alex123

i prefer pep ... because he is more strict with the players ... like what he did to eto'o ( he telephoned him at 12 pm to see if he's at home ... ) that's good ... and the treble is what he have done because of that.... i like frank ... he made a big part of this team...

John Antonio Bilboa

Howard Roark laughed
Rijkaard created the foundations of this team and brought back the glory days, his belief in the youth system inspired us to the double in 06 and maybe most importantly he Messi a chance so right now its rijkaard for but that doesn't mean that pep guardiola is not a great great Manager.

S

ShiningGoku

we'll if u say Rijkaard made the team why didnt they win anything for 3 years..........Guardiola come and wins everything in his first year.....he sold diniho and deco and fixed the team around messi that why we dont have an attacking Left Back....

Rijkaard tried to build the team around diniho but when he didnt play for 1 season, we ended up 3rd on the board......

Guardiola gets my vote.

plus in a few years Rijkaard teams gonna be gone and it will known as Guardiola's team.

Last edited:

nebeer

Love is All
I absolutely love Rijkaard. I love Pep too. Both for me. Frank has a special place in my heart though.

0nur`barca

yeah. that was rijkaard's team , and pep just got it..

But the Treble in the first season ..
And the best football that is playin the team .. I'm gonna chose him..

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
The football played in 05/06 though was also unreal.

I know many people will chose pep cause he has a more deep connection to Barca. On top of that with Rijkaard's last season.

But I hope people remember what Rijkaard did for your team. I remember 03/04 clearly and from then he was slowly building you up again.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Barcelona's scout should take a heap of praise. 2 homegrown players started the 2006 final, plus Jorquera and Xavi. Iniesta also came on as a sub if my memory serves me. Then 7 homegrown players starting plus 3 on the bench in the 2009 final !

TEKNYK

Guardiola inherited a great team that had some disciplinary and motivational issues. He did well to fix the situation.

Rijkaard inherited a disaster, and created the most breathtaking football I have ever seen. He was young, inexperienced, and could have done a better job with Ronnie and Deco; but then Ronnie was larger than life. . .we had created a monster.

I'll never forget Franks team . . the football they played was pure magic... i'm yet to see anything like it. Pep is great as well. I can't pick one over the other, but Frank has a spot in my heart FOREVER (that sounds so cheeeeeesy)

L

leomessi

12th June 2009 05:31 PM
veryfatchocobo Based on what I've seen, Johann Cruyff built the team. Rijkaard was using his system word-for-word.

But, Pep is using a different but similar system to Cruyff. Same formation but with the Catalonian flair (or is it flare?). Rijkaard had a very liberal team system, while Pep's is much more systematic (and bureaucratic a little). Xavi was both their main playmaker, but the other CM (Deco or Iniesta) had a much more different role in the different systems. Iniesta-Xavi is a simple static-dynamic relationship in Pep's system, while with Rijkaard, he played Deco as almost the 2nd orchestral guy, which separated the teamwork between Xavi and Deco.

To sum it up, Pep's system works better.

I Agree with You :)

C

Confz

Both tbh, Rijkaard formed the team and got early glory, and Pep took his team to even greater glory. I guess i'm going with Rijkaard.

Home of Barca Fans