Would you hire Pep Guardiola if he's ready to return this summer or 2021?

Would you hire Pep this summer or in 2021 if possible?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FinBarcelonafan

It'd be great to see Barca becoming universally disliked by everyone else again. Pep's disingenuousness permeates through the team like no other.

Yeah everyone hates Pep but.. Read United forum. They would love to have him on their own team. People hate him because jealously basically.

Hate for him is bullshit. Basically everyone would take him. Maybe not Liverpool but everyone else.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Of course I would.

Is a poll really necessary for this question? I doubt there is a single use that wouldn't take him back if he wanted to return. Cannot see even the most vocal Pep critics answering no. He simply blows away all the other coaching options on the market by multiple orders of magnitude. Still the 2nd best manager in the world by far for me despite his flaws.

Looks like you're wrong. I expect more people to vote 'No'.

El Gato

Villarato!
Yeah everyone hates Pep but.. Read United forum. They would love to have him on their own team. People hate him because jealously basically.

Hate for him is bullshit. Basically everyone would take him. Maybe not Liverpool but everyone else.

People mostly hate Pep because he's not honest. It's been said by multiple people. He's OTT when he gets a ref call going against him and acts like it doesn't bother him. He never really admits problems with his defence. And he's got this condescending smile always plastered on his face. Dude is just plain unlikable and robotic to any neutral. He's only ever respected when he goes on winning streaks, because his method is good at maintaining them.

KingLeo10

People mostly hate Pep because he's not honest. It's been said by multiple people. He's OTT when he gets a ref call going against him and acts like it doesn't bother him. He never really admits problems with his defence. And he's got this condescending smile always plastered on his face. Dude is just plain unlikable and robotic to any neutral. He's only ever respected when he goes on winning streaks, because his method is good at maintaining them.

Lahm is the most intelligent player he's coached.

Foden is the most promising talent he's coached.

I don't see where he's not honest.

El Gato

Villarato!
Shit that leaves his mouth with some degree of regularity makes him the Jordan Peterson of football.

serghei

Would be a bad idea imo, will never be able to repeat his previous succes here.

Good. Let him repeat 70% of it and win just 1 CL in 3 years and 2 La Ligas, instead of 3. Besides, we underachieved in CL compared to how well we played back then. At least 3/4 could've been achieved if we were a bit more composed and smarter. Especially in the Inter tie.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
:lol: This thread DonAK... Of course...

Generating activity, what else :coffee:

I swear if this asshole goes to PSG or Juventus I'm done with him, two teams that dominate their leagues would be ridiculous :lol:. I don't give two shits about his personality. I don't know him personally. He's not a relative of mine, why would I care if he's a bit of a nutcase?

Do people think Inter fans care that Mourinho is a massive twat? Nope.

As for people hating Barca because of Pep then who cares lol. Neutral fans hate Barca already because of jealousy for all the years we clapped them.

Last edited:

Richard.H

We don't have the funds to support his large scale projects. Won't be surprised if he goes to PSG where he will have all of the starpower at his disposal to do whatever he wants.

JohnN

Voted no, not because I don't like Pep or anything like that. I believe we shouldn't try to go back but move forward with a new project.
It will take time but new coaching figures will emerge and perhaps a new good cycle could start at some point. Looking for answers in the past is not the way to go.

LeeRomeno

Cannot really decide, on one hand, would be nice for Pep to actually win another CL and with Messi he actually has a chance still. Also whoever on board will sign him, will have to agree with giving him more control over our transfer policy, which has been directly board-lead for years. I doubt Valverde or his predecessors had much to say about who we will get and who we can sell, as it has been more marketing project under Barto and you just do not sell your stars. Good examples being Griezmann signing or Malcoms weird transfer and how suddenly Perez and Fati were promoted to first team, after alot of fanbase complained about not including youth in first team.
He is also good with teaching the ways for younger talents, although it really depends on player as much as coach (remember Bojan!).
On other hand, i have a feeling, it may ruin his legacy, just like Mourinhos second stint in Chelsea ended really horribly. He does not have a golden generation he can benefit from, there are not upcoming masses of talents in La Masia and i really did not like how the team played and looked in his last year here as i think he went too overboard with his ideas. I far better enjoyed Luchos gamestyle.
Also Pep ever since Barcelona has managed teams which have been by far richest in the country and his results are pretty meh. Majority of Bayern fans i know, really did not like him that much, as he never could replicate Jupps results or gamestyle. Sure he won Bundesliga, i am pretty sure Valverde is also capable of doing that easily.
In Man City he really only had 1 impressive league season and he has been outplayed by Klopp clearly this year, not to mention his embarrassing defeats in CL.
So just getting him back, because he is Pep, no thanx, but if we are looking for coach and he is available, he may be the best choice at the time for sure.

The Observer

Would be akin to LVG's 2nd tenure. The expectations would always be to rebuild something similar to 2008-2011, which is impossible. Once Messi and Suarez are done soon and the club doesn't somehow land both Mbappe and Neymar or magically find talents of that ilk, the team will be doomed with Démbéle as the main guy upfront, irrespective of coach.

Current Barca squad minus Messi is painfully mediocre and so are targets like Lautaro. There will be an inevitable decline soon, already slowly happening with timewasting and triple ter Stegen rescue grinding performances at home against likes of Getafe.

Spanish press wouldn't be kind once they smell blood, gossip press loves nothing more than fallen heroes, he'll be publicly called a fraud who can't do anything without Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, the end of his City tenure was the beginning of his decline etc. etc. Pep won't take that well. He is too clever at picking his jobs to even consider this option. I'm sure he already has a pre agreement with Juventus anyway.

Nice to have a little chit chat about the topic though.

Home of Barca Fans