Lliga | Round 24: FC Barcelona - Getafe 2-1

FC B

Hmm, it was love-hate all game. Like they booed the fact that we sort of time wasted with the ball a lot in the 2nd half. That was not nice to see at home. But they cheered the great sequences like it didn't happen in Valverde's time imo.

It was a frustrating game. We showed we have all the tools to score a lot because at times we cut open this Getafe line with some superb plays, but somehow we ended up on the ropes. Looked like a lazy performance from the stands, but I think our legs are simply gone after 60 mins.

This is similar to Arteta's Arsenal. New manager during the season, new style of management, and the team just struggles to readjust to the intensity of the new regime, being usually too tired by min. 60. This is why you don't change managers mid season, especially not managers who are very different in terms of philosophy.

Someone, I think Hamzah, said we don't move off the ball a lot. Which is crazy, because moving off the ball a lot more than during Valverde is what is emptying our gas tank so fast. This team has been trained and prepared in a poor way for fluid football (which is what we're playing now). It was built for static, italian football, where players pass and stand still, keeping their positions in a rigid manner.

MD says they booed when our CBs passed back to Stegen but why didn't they in the countless boring fests, ineffective and tedious games at home played under Ernie mystifies me...

Our ball and off the ball movement had clearly improved under Setien imo and I agree the coach can now do little about physical preparation of the squad, that's why they work on that in the summer.

LABarcaFan

So it is, whether you like or not. But most people it s just a matter of having a competent coach.
Tre sad truth is that we need a competent board (=having the right coach).
The current situation is the result of years and years of poor management, horrible transfer market without any logic and sense, because there is no plan and vision other than trying to replicate the Pep dream team.

Yes. I agree with your post. I have sad it million times that our current situation is a result of bad management. Unfortunately, this agony will continue one more year, after which we can only hope for a new board, new president, new management, new coaching staff and of course, a lot of new players. In my opinion we should keep only 10 players. Ter-Stegen, Semedo (he started playing well) Lenglet, FDJ, A.Melo, R.Puig, Fr.Trincao, M.Pereira, A.Fati and L.Messi. All other should go, one way or another.

LABarcaFan

You support both Liverpool and Barcelona. How does that even work? I can understand passing support for Pool as a second team but that too is strange.

Regardless, that alone is reason not to take your opinions seriously. The blind support for EV who was tanking THIS season is cherry on top.

It is your right to agree or disagree with my opinion, same as anyone else. I don't get offended from that.
Regarding Liverpool, I don't know where did you get that idea from. It is very strange. I am not going to convince you that you are wrong. But your sentence.... "That alone is reason not to take your opinion seriously." is very weird. So you first create the story that I am Liverpool fan and then you use it as a reason for not taking seriously my opinion. I am going to stop here. There is no need to make a comments on that.

As of Valverde, another wrong statement from you. That is NUMERO DOS.
Yes, EV is mediocre coach, same as Setien. But I have sad it many times that our current situation was not because of the coach. It is result of years of wrong management and wrong transfer politic. And til we don't change this board, nothing good will happen. As a matter of fact, many Barcelona fans started to change their mind about EV and finally started to see the real reasons for this situation.
No disrespect, but your post has lost any logic, because is based on wrong assumptions.

LABarcaFan

Shockingly the Camp Nou crowd booed Barca's game a few times yesterday but failed to do so even once in 2.5 years under Valverde's mediocre, slow and predictable football :facepalm:

Once again wrong assumption. The fans booed not because of the coach. They booed the players, who are not playing well and not giving their maximum each game, even at Camp Nou. Just wait and you will hear a lot louder boos in the next months. Barca is dying slowly and the fans don't like to see their team in that situation. This team used to be the absolute leader in Spain and Europe. It is very painful to watch it now.

KingLeo10

As a matter of fact, many Barcelona fans started to change their mind about EV and finally started to see the real reasons for this situation.

I have yet to encounter a single one of those on this forum.

Can you provide evidence of where you've seen this?. For the record, those who were EV supporters in the first place don't count.

FC B

Once again wrong assumption. The fans booed not because of the coach. They booed the players, who are not playing well and not giving their maximum each game, even at Camp Nou. Just wait and you will hear a lot louder boos in the next months. Barca is dying slowly and the fans don't like to see their team in that situation. This team used to be the absolute leader in Spain and Europe. It is very painful to watch it now.

I wrote they booed Barca's game not the coach or because of the coach.

MagIX

Yes. I agree with your post. I have sad it million times that our current situation is a result of bad management. Unfortunately, this agony will continue one more year, after which we can only hope for a new board, new president, new management, new coaching staff and of course, a lot of new players. In my opinion we should keep only 10 players. Ter-Stegen, Seme do (he started playing well) Lenglet, FDJ, A.Melo, R.Puig, Fr.Trincao, M.Pereira, A.Fati and L.Messi. All other should go, one way or another.

Yes, I think the same. We can discuss maybe which player to keep or not, but the end is the same: a total change, reset errors and restart.
A shame, with all that money wasted on absurd purchases we would have already solved many problems.
And I feel sorry for Messi, he deserved so much better

LABarcaFan

Yes, I think the same. We can discuss maybe which player to keep or not, but the end is the same: a total change, reset errors and restart.
A shame, with all that money wasted on absurd purchases we would have already solved many problems.
And I feel sorry for Messi, he deserved so much better

Yes. It is big shame for our board to spend around 410 million in just 3 years for 3 useless players.
Our downfall started in 2017, Aug.25, when we signed Dembele for 105 mil. plus 40 mil. in add-ons. He signed 5 years contract (till 2022) with his buyout clause set at 400 mil.Many will argue now that at the time, it looked like a good deal. To me, it wasn't. They should know that this guy is injury prone and has never played full season in any club.

On the top of this bad signing, in Jan.2018 Barca paid $ 144 million to Liverpool for Coutinho. However, over 70% of that sum remains unpaid, according to the club's annual report. Barcelona still owes Liverpool $ 104 million. His buy-out clause was currently reduced to 80 million.

And after this two fiascoes, last summer Barcelona broke the bank again for Griezmann, paying 120 mil. who signed 5 years contract with 800 mil. buy-out clause.
So for all three players, we have thrown in vain over 400 million euros. That is a crime. The people responsible for it should be brought to the court and sentenced immediately.

LABarcaFan

The dude was out for a total of 10 days at Dortmund. How the hell would anyone predict that he is injury prone?

Nonsense.

What do you mean "nonsense" ? His buy-out clause is reduced from 120 to 80 million now. Spanish and German sport sites has announced that .

Andresito

Staff member
What do you mean "nonsense" ? His buy-out clause is reduced from 120 to 80 million now. Spanish and German sport sites has announced that .

His buy-out clause, or release clause, is 400M with Bayern having a purchase option for 120M.

LABarcaFan

His buy-out clause, or release clause, is 400M with Bayern having a purchase option for 120M.

OK. That purchase option was reduced from 120 to 80 as of lately to find easily takers. United, City, Spurs and Liverpool are now interested to buy him, according to the latest news.

Home of Barca Fans