Should Barca sell Griezmann after the season is over?

Should Barca sell Griezmann after the season is over

• Total voters

JohnN

Griezmann is a good player. Some would even argue he is world class.
My personal opinion is that he isn't anything special, but let's put that aside and focus on his role in the team.

Will Griezmann ever have a position in Barca?
He isn't a winger. He isn't a no.9. His best position is close to Messi's best position. Does Antoine have a future here? Is it too harsh to get rid of him after one season, or is it good both for him and the club.

Discuss!!!

FinBarcelonafan

Yes. If we can trade him for someone who would fit better, absolutely..

I would expect great player back because he is great player.

PhilS

This question is unreasonably optimistic. This season will never end, we will suffer the continued injury attrition down to 14 players, then 13, then 12, then, finally, just only Messi and Mats on the field.

Like a terrible nightmare, but you can't wake up.

Havesaks

We can get a player with better output, lessser wages and even make a big profit on it. Why wouldn't we sell him?

Shouldn't he still have a value of 80-100m? United, PSG, ATM, Bayern... There must be a club who could make good use of him.

What about Inter Btw? He would be golden up front with Lukaku as targetman, and we are actually interested in Martinez who has a similar market value. Inter have build a solid team fighting for trophies, paying high wages and Conte is the closet you get to Simeone. A trade maybe with a little bit of cash for Martinez sounds to me like a plausible option.

serghei

Not unless we get a world class winger. There's no point otherwise. For 4-3-3 to work properly you need at least 1 pure winger.

Sailor Mars

We can get a player with better output, lessser wages and even make a big profit on it. Why wouldn't we sell him?

Shouldn't he still have a value of 80-100m? United, PSG, ATM, Bayern... There must be a club who could make good use of him.

What about Inter Btw? He would be golden up front with Lukaku as targetman, and we are actually interested in Martinez who has a similar market value. Inter have build a solid team fighting for trophies, paying high wages and Conte is the closet you get to Simeone. A trade maybe with a little bit of cash for Martinez sounds to me like a plausible option.

I like this idea. Seems like a Griezmann for Lautaro swap could work for both teams.

malvolio

Not unless we get a world class winger. There's no point otherwise. For 4-3-3 to work properly you need at least 1 pure winger.

So it is better to keep him while his value plummets after mediocre performances? And to keep him just to make up numbers in attack for 20 mil a season is blasphemy.
At this rate we would have been better off with buying Pedro back or just getting Willian.

Pique's crew should prepare "La decision 2.0", but this time it is Barto who decides that Griezmann can fuck off and play Fortnite at another club.

Raketa10

No he is a top player and selling him would mean that we are getting Neymar back so NO! I really don't want that rat back.

Last edited:

LeeRomeno

This poll is way ahead of its time. We have half a season still to play and evaluating his success should be done at the end of season. He has after-all come to club in disarray, played out of position with out of shape squad. He started showing signs of improvement, then coach was sacked. It is too early to tell about him. Coutinho had pretty good first 6 months with us, just to flop later, he can easily do it other way round. Henry, Suarez and others have struggled in the beginning as well.

MTL_Barca

He should've never been signed imo. Great player but not what was needed at the time. Not a real striker to replace Suarez and doesn't have the speed/dribbling for the wing. I don't have high hopes he'll ever fit in perfectly.

But Barca won't sell him and i doubt he want's to leave.

LABarcaFan

The question should be when Barca has to get rid of Griezmann and its answer is - after the end of this season. And no more French divas please.

Home of Barca Fans