Should Barca sell Griezmann after the season is over?

Should Barca sell Griezmann after the season is over

• Total voters

LABarcaFan

Not just Greaseman but Umtiti and Dembele too

In the ideal world, we would get rid of all french mans from our team because they don't fit well.

Griezmann is not a problem, imo. He is a world class attacker, so we could do well in making him have more of an impact than now.
Getting rid of Suarez would be a first step.

I think Griezmann is the problem because he has tried all front line positions in Barcelona and still did not find his place. A "world class" player will adjust to the new team and system from day one. So the best for both party would be if he leaves. Griezmann, Dembele, Neymar, Martinez are primma-donnas. They are players to build your team around them, but that won't happen in Barcelona, till maestro Leo is still here.

LABarcaFan

I think if we're going to buy Lautaro (I'm pretty sure we will at some point) and if we don't sell Griezmann, I agree with you that the 4-3-1-2 is the best setup until Messi retires.

Lautaro has the experience and played well in that formation with the Arg National team with Messi and I'm sure Griezmann will be more suited for that system.

The fullback really have to be more attack oriented than usual to provide width while the 2 interiors need to have the skills to cover the space that the fullbacks have left.

So how will you construct that 4-3-1-2 system with Messi, Griezmann, Lautaro and Suarez. Remember, Luis is not going anywhere this summer,he may leave in 2021. That is why it will be better for Martinez to come next year, when Suarez, Dembele and Griezmann would be gone.

Last edited:

soul24rage

So how will you construct that 4-3-1-2 system with Messi, Griezmann, Lautaro and Suarez. Remember, Luis is not going anywhere this summer. he may leave in 2021.

I was using the lineup to the person that I was replying to. But yes, it is a problem if all 4 of them are in the squad as Suarez is not going to be benched as long as he is here imo.

Since I think the board is going to buy Lautaro, it'd be better for everyone if he comes in the same transfer window as when Suarez leaves (preferably next summer as we have no $ at all).

Of course this is all assuming if Griezmann is still here.

LABarcaFan

I was using the lineup to the person that I was replying to. But yes, it is a problem if all 4 of them are in the squad as Suarez is not going to be benched as long as he is here imo.

Since I think the board is going to buy Lautaro, it'd be better for everyone if he comes in the same transfer window as when Suarez leaves (preferably next summer as we have no $ at all).

Of course this is all assuming if Griezmann is still here.

There is a good chance that Griezmann can be sold this summer to a EPL team and if we sign Lautaro, he has to start as a LW. Do you think he will be feeling comfortable there, because in Inter he plays as a false # 9 behind Lukaku and in the Argentinian national team he plays with Kun Aguero upfront and Messi operating behind them. I really don't see how Martinez can fit in our team for the next season.

Home of Barca Fans