Sunday, February 9, 21:00CET

S0fDZjYYytbZaUt0f3cIhg_96x96.png
-
paYnEE8hcrP96neHRNofhQ_96x96.png

------

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Time to win one on the road. Team is playing better, we can see the progress. Hopefully it transmits into good result this time. Team deserved it.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Jesus Christ boys. Let's hear some positivity! We've been through this 15 years ago and went on to make history.
More recently under Lucho too.

[MENTION=21486]snowy[/MENTION] You're my man

devo901

Can someone explain to me what the reason is that we play home almost always better then away? is it the pitch? are our guys irritated by the fans? the traveling? the referee?

snowy

Jesus Christ boys. Let's hear some positivity! We've been through this 15 years ago and went on to make history.

Very :goodpost:

awww shucks! Thx bojboj :D

I can't help it :santa::dance::santa:

giphy.gif

serghei

I believe we're improving. Let's hope the forwards get out of the scoring slump they are in and finish the chances we create, because Setien has gotten us more control and quite a lot of chances to score, in a lot worse conditions that the previous manager had.

I disagree with the ones who say we play meaningless possession. We are not. We are creating big chances, but we don't convert.

Can someone explain to me what the reason is that we play home almost always better then away? is it the pitch? are our guys irritated by the fans? the traveling? the referee?

It's the same reason why we are more relaxed and confident in our own homes, having a beer and watching a game, compared to when we have to visit a stranger. It's a natural way of the human being to be at his best and at his most comfortable and confident state in familiar surroundings. For us, this is Camp Nou.

Away games are more challenging because they deprive you of your comfort zone. And this is when you have to show more guts, and more personality and winning mentality to not let this affect how you behave and play on the pitch. We lack this mentality and we need to build it again.

To make a comparison, Madrid is like the alpha male, party pleaser who just seeks adventures and parties, and nightclub life, he enjoyes that. We are like the stay at home dad who doesn't go anywhere and is at his happiest state cooking dinner at home for his family and having a class of Merlot with his wife, tucking kids in their bed and wishing them goodnight. We need to take that man, who is a smart and confident dude in his own home, and re-adjust him to the social life, make him enjoy going to events and parties and being a standout again.

Last edited:

Alik

To make a comparison, Madrid is like the alpha male, party pleaser who just seeks adventures and parties, and nightclub life, he enjoyes that. We are like the stay at home dad who doesn't go anywhere and is at his happiest state cooking dinner at home for his family and having a class of Merlot with his wife, tucking kids in their bed and wishing them goodnight. We need to take that man, who is a smart and confident dude in his own home, and re-adjust him to the social life, make him enjoy going to events and parties and being a standout again.

:lol: That's a very bbz-like paragraph.

snowy

I believe we're improving. Let's hope the forwards get out of the scoring slump they are in and finish the chances we create, because Setien has gotten us more control and quite a lot of chances to score, in a lot worse conditions that the previous manager had.

I disagree with the ones who say we play meaningless possession. We are not. We are creating big chances, but we don't convert.

It's the same reason why we are more relaxed and confident in our own homes, having a beer and watching a game, compared to when we have to visit a stranger. It's a natural way of the human being to be at his best and at his most comfortable and confident state in familiar surroundings. For us, this is Camp Nou.

Away games are more challenging because they deprive you of your comfort zone. And this is when you have to show more guts, and more personality and winning mentality to not let this affect how you behave and play on the pitch. We lack this mentality and we need to build it again.

So basically, we're kinda like Superman at Home and Clark Kent away :thinking:

BBZ posted the stats not long ago. While it's the same for most teams, at Barca, the difference was amped to the max, like night and day. Crazy stuff.

Interestingly, for the past few years, CRY I think is the only team in the EPL that posted better numbers away than at home. They often give top teams a tough time and lose to minions. They're funny that way...

Yeah I'm liking our new dynamic in attack! We were risky sloppy in our own half and in the build-up from the back. If we can sharpen that along with stretching the wings more (Bilb was allowed to play a concentrated, narrow defence), we be looking good.

Home of Barca Fans