Messi's comment on Abidal's recent interview

abiabi

Honestly Abidal's director job has been terrible too. Dont get this obsession with signing club legends with zero experience

Rory

Feel like the bigger picture has to be viewed here. This public war makes it a lot more likely we don't get Bartomeu's puppet and a shitty continuation of this board for the foreseeable future. What's more important here? Getting rid of club de amigos who are all 31/32/33 and highly unlikely to ALL stay for another 2-3 years. Or getting rid of a board that has turned our club into literal shit with the two biggest jokes of signings to ever grace football. This board are much more likely to still be poisoning the club way after veterans retire unless something is done about them.

I'm not saying this was Messi's intention it's just a brilliant side effect if you ask me.

Rory

Also the name name's sounds kind of dumb and maybe this is just my interpretation on it but...couldn't he just be saying ok then who are these shitty players that you have failed to get rid of? If Abidal was so sure some players aren't trying hard enough why are they still there. This must be especially annoying for players in the squad because if they haven't been sold/released then they probably think things are going well right? Just for the sporting director to publicly slate them. He's daring Abidal to say who it is so he can turn around and say "WELL WHY IS HE STILL HERE THEN"

Messigician

Also the name name's sounds kind of dumb and maybe this is just my interpretation on it but...couldn't he just be saying ok then who are these shitty players that you have failed to get rid of? If Abidal was so sure some players aren't trying hard enough why are they still there. This must be especially annoying for players in the squad because if they haven't been sold/released then they probably think things are going well right? Just for the sporting director to publicly slate them. He's daring Abidal to say who it is so he can turn around and say "WELL WHY IS HE STILL HERE THEN"

This Messi called Abidal's bluff.

Idk what abidal was trying to accomplish but it backfired horribly.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Wow this club is starting to remind me of Mourinho's last season at United. It's a good thing that there is a lot of off the pitch drama for entertainment because we surely aren't going to get any entertainment from winning trophies this season:lol:

Andrew M

Messi has always been a dumb person when it comes to non-footballing matters but the problem is that he has now become untouchable and no one can even criticize him within or outside the club. He is our Ronaldinho 2.0 but no presidents, managers would attempt to get rid of him. The only person who is capable of doing that might be Pep but he won't even survive if he doesn't bring the immediate success after selling Messi.

It is not Ronaldinho 2.0.

Messi is still performing at a very high level, whereas Ronnie was washed up.

JohnN

Personally think it is a good thing he went public.

It is make or break and things need to change.

The sporting side has to improve and the power taken back from the players.

Why was Messi not up in arms when it was said some players kept EV in his job but is when EV training levels are criticised?

So, Abidal did well to go public with our dirty laundry, but Messi did bad to go public challenging that. You cannot back that up man. There is no way.

clemente

Both are wrong
Abidal is an absolute garbage of a sporting director, this winter transfer window has been pathetic, however, sacking Valverde was the right thing to do.

Rory

If people think it's okay for board members to shit all over the players without retaliation then I guess that's just where the buck stops. To me saying nothing is being forced to lick your bosses boots and thank him for it after.

khaled_a_d

Abidal hasn't been great but under a different manager Coutinho, Dembele, Semedo, Arthur etc may have flourished. Dickverde is looking like Kaiser Sose here. He allowed amigos to run the show and now the new manager has to carry the can. What a fucking mess.

1-Those 4 was signed by Roberto, not Abidal
2-Coutinho failed miserably at Bayern (so far) I think it is time to stop blaming coach on him. Dembele was barely available for EV to develop him, Semedo is mediocre talent and Arthur was injured a lot in less than a season and half he had with EV.
3-Abidal signing was: Malcom, Vidal, Wague, Todibo, KPB, Murillo, Griezmann, Firpo, Neto, FDJ.
-Malcom is the only one you could blame EV for his failures, although I think he was a bench player at best and with arrival of Griezmann and Fati exploding he didn't have future here anyway.
-Vidal is good signing, but old when we needed youth, but kudos to him for that.
-FDJ is surely his best signing.
-Griezmann? He paid 120 cash and 15M compensation, making him the most expensive player in our history (since we barely paid any add-ons for Coutinho) when he was 28 playing in Messi position :lol:
-Firpo? I will wait on that. But right now seems overpaid at least.
-He himself is shipping Wague and Todibo and it seems that both don't have future here.
-And couple of mediocre stop gaps.

All while we needed to renew our defense. A new true 9 and another midfielder.

aragorn

Like I said in the player section. Abidal arse should be fried for this. But on normal circumstances the player too. Messi is Sadly living up to the reputation of a dictator now.. Why reply in public instead of doing your laundry behind closed doors.

A dictator would have got Abidal fired without exposing himself in public

Home of Barca Fans