Copa 1/4 Final: Athletic Bilbao - FC Barcelona 1-0

JohnN

What are you smoking??
Messi was really good, especially in the first half where he played for 3 people. He took a chance really well on full speed, before he was blocked by the defender, in the opposite corner and the keeper saved it with his feet. Are you high?
Football has a luck factor, which is evident by the goal we conceded.
Should we blame busi for the gοal maybe?

Kul_z

So, liga and cl it is. Considering the players we have available maybe it is better that we are ko-d

LMTR14

Get a fucking grip ;D The overreactions here.

get a fucking life. we went out against puta bilbao, which is completely unacceptable, no matter the state of the team. spouting excuses like "cup is not important" is pure loser mentality. a title is a title, and a top 5 club in the world must aim to win EVERY POSSIBLE title ALWAYS

devo901

...and a top 5 club in the world must aim to win EVERY POSSIBLE title ALWAYS
we did aim - but luck was not on our side. do you want to fire the manager because you feel frustrated and betrayed? copa del mickey mouse was the only realistic chance in winning a title this year - if they play that way throughout the rest of the season, I am fine, even if they win no titles. I don't care about titles, I care about good 90min action!

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
get a fucking life. we went out against puta bilbao, which is completely unacceptable, no matter the state of the team. spouting excuses like "cup is not important" is pure loser mentality. a title is a title, and a top 5 club in the world must aim to win EVERY POSSIBLE title ALWAYS
Watch the fucking game.

vinni

Meh this is the worst kind of match to watch. A deadlock for 90 minutes then we conceed in the last minutes. The pain!
I thought we played well though. San memes was like Anfield yesterday. Hopefully the players can see the positives from this match, though a win would have helped our spirit alot.

say_my_name

Barca is the second most spending club when it comes to transfers for the last 10 years. It's also the most spending top 10 club with highest price tag per player and fewest players acquired for that amount of money. Classic signs of poor finance management and capital planning. With almost 1.3B spend on players they somehow managed to be the only club in the world that has NO defense whatsoever. Current defense lineup is more clueless than a super model at a quantum physics convention and their skills are amateur-level at best. On top of that, Barca's GK is only one of the two players in the squad that feels comfortable with the ball in their feet. Currently, they also managed to be playing without the other fundamental component of the game - the attack. Add more insult to the mix by having all the wrong players in the midfield, position and quality-wise, and the comedy article is writing itself. It's a managerial and personnel issues that were not addressed ahead of time in order to ensure smooth sailing during transition times.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Was it a dive when De Jong got a yellow? My stream was poor and they only showed one replay but to me it seemed like a clear foul from their keeper.

Referee was all too eager to book there. It wasn't a foul but it wasn't a dive, Frenkie anticipated the contact rather than play through it - did not look for a penalty.

As I say, Athletic were fouling far more than Barca yet Barcelona with all the bookings and an ignored penalty directly in perfect view of the referee. This is a systemic issue in RFEF, it's been talked about for years

snowy

Referee was all too eager to book there. It wasn't a foul but it wasn't a dive, Frenkie anticipated the contact rather than play through it - did not look for a penalty.

As I say, Athletic were fouling far more than Barca yet Barcelona with all the bookings and an ignored penalty directly in perfect view of the referee. This is a systemic issue in RFEF, it's been talked about for years

With all'em weird calls, ref Martinez prob bet his barn on ATH winning it :whistle:

2nd was a clear pen all day long, Frenkie's head even jolted backward on the hit. First one, wouldn't be a pen anyways as outside the box but VAR would've shown it was interference. Yellow to goalie and A FK for Leo. Dej was approaching fast and the other dude lounged straight onto his path.

being a nice dude, Dej jumped to avoid collision but had he not, he'd have ripped the keeper's bees knees and no amount of honey would've glued it back together :lol:

Allo maman bobo :stretcher:

That pass from Messi though...

Androutsos

What do you want him to say? To take a hit at Messi and Griezmann for missing those chances? :lol:

No. I just find it funny that it had become a meme and everyone thought that would be over now EV is gone. I've played in plenty games where nothings goes your way and 'it is what it is' is a fairly accurate description!

Home of Barca Fans