p56979-1.png

Height: 1,87 m
Citizenship: England
Position: Midfielder - Central Midfield
Foot: right
Current club: Liverpool FC
Contract expires: 30.06.2023​

Xaviniesta

Having the season of his life. He's been revived by Klopp.

Deserves a thread given he is now a front-runner for the PFA player of the year

serghei

Everybody's been revived by Klopp. People made fun of players like Milner, Henderson, Chamberlain. Klopp turned them into winners and top players.

aragorn

He was always a good player; just that he never had a top manager to play under having played for Sunderland & stuff

Andresito

Staff member
So he's an undisputable starter for the best team in the world, Liverpool.
Would you guys say he's a top 10 midfielder in the world? Or is he just thriving in a team where basically anyone would?

serghei

So he's an undisputable starter for the best team in the world, Liverpool.
Would you guys say he's a top 10 midfielder in the world? Or is he just thriving in a team where basically anyone would?

I'd say he has qualities which are perfectly used by the team, and flaws which are very well hidden by Klopp's tactics.

He was always a good player; just that he never had a top manager to play under having played for Sunderland & stuff

He was always a good player, and is still a good player. But under Klopp he plays like a top class player. That's the point. Same thing happened with Coutinho. Good player, but under Klopp he played like a great one.

He's one gifted manager that's for sure.

Last edited:

gasgas

I am watching liverpool game and this guy is playing crossfield throughballs that Busquets could only dream of

Jenks

He's a functional player with good leadership qualities, he can ping the ball well and is a good presser. There's not much else to his game though, it works very well for Liverpool and what they need, but he wouldn't get many games for most top teams I don't think. The talk of him being in the running for the POTY award is ridiculous in my opinion.

Andrew M

He's a functional player with good leadership qualities, he can ping the ball well and is a good presser. There's not much else to his game though, it works very well for Liverpool and what they need, but he wouldn't get many games for most top teams I don't think. The talk of him being in the running for the POTY award is ridiculous in my opinion.

I think because it has to go to a Liverpool player and they have a great team rather than a standout player

gasgas

I think because it has to go to a Liverpool player and they have a great team rather than a standout player

I have been watching liverpool this season and trust me Henderson is very very good. Even better than all our midfielders

Andrew M

I have been watching liverpool this season and trust me Henderson is very very good. Even better than all our midfielders

I agree with you, but he's also part of a cohesive machine and to isolate any one component for an award in this case seems facile. So by giving it to the leader in the engine room who has limited technical abilities, yet ekes out every drop of it, seems symbolic

Temptation

He was good. Decent at many things and reliable. Fantastic captain. Like a less technically gifted and versatile version of Prime James Milner.

He's very important to Klopp's Liverpool as a character and as a cog in the wheel.

Did fantastic for us. Average natural ability but pretty well rounded player. Never World Class as an individual but a World Class Captain if that makes sense.....

Nowhere near Barca midfielders like Peak Rakitic, FDJ though.

He's a solid player. Liverpool legend. Thanks for the memories and transfer fee, Hendo. Left at the perfect time.

Temptation

Looking like a total mug after the Saudi move. Went out of his way to position himself as an LGBT icon when no one asked him to. :lol:

Home of Barca Fans