LosDiosesYMaricónes - tribute to the assist kings of your lifetimes

El Gato

Villarato!
Yesterday was a special day. 10 years ago on this very day God decided to create one of the boldest, stupid and baffling moments in modern La Liga history. God was so impressed by the creation of its humble servant that he said "well, this guy is too good so I have to help Barcelona and its stable of midgets to a bucket of trophies, it wouldn't be a fair contest otherwise". Karim Benzema has never been the same again. Kaka was the same ever since. Real Madrid broke the curse of El Riazor in the most magical way possible after some 10-15 years without a win in A Coruña.

[tw]1223134218554880001[/tw]

This thread is a tribute to the best passes you have witnessed in your lifetimes up until the current day (Feb 2020). You are only allowed to post if you nominate a glorious assist to share with the rest of the forum at the same time! No shenanigans! At the end of the week/month we can make a poll and decide which assist is the boldest, filthiest, most gruesome, machine-like pass which left the biggest mark on football like no other did.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

> Posts a thread with 'assist king' in the title
> On a Barca forum. The club with arguably the best central midfielder of all time

> Post isn't referencing the RakiGOD
> Reported for trolling

:valverde::bartomeu:

El Gato

Villarato!
One more for good measure

This was the only goal GOAT Spain side have conceded in a big tournament since they've played Chile in group stages of 2010 World Cup.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!

Appreciated mostly for the ridiculous leap from RVP, but that delivery and its arc in behind defenders and at just the right distance from the keeper is inch perfect. While not a king by any means, Daley has been a pro.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
When I saw Guti in your first post I thought you were talking about this backheel.

But the one you posted is filthy aswell.

KingLeo10

Appreciated mostly for the ridiculous leap from RVP, but that delivery and its arc in behind defenders and at just the right distance from the keeper is inch perfect. While not a king by any means, Daley has been a pro.

Man this game was great. Can't overlook Robben's where he sent Pique, Casillas, and Ramos back to the segunda.

El Gato

Villarato!
Man, I'm struggling to not swoon over the genius of Guti as it is so I'm stopping myself from posting him too often. There are entire compilations of his GOAT-tier through balls. The initial one which sparked the thread was because of the decade mark since that stupendous backheel and it reminded me just how underappreciated assistants can be in football, particularly in the past 10 years where teams have locked down so much, these kinds of spaces in behind defenses have closed up and we don't get these kinds of assists very often anymore.

More lovely hoof ball

Body angle and spin. The fuck...

El Gato

Villarato!

As much of a doorknob as this guy has been since joining Arsenal, he was a world-class #10 under Mourinho. A dying breed of serial assist makers from a double-pivot system.

Home of Barca Fans