Trincao (on loan)

Messi983

Yea, imo, we need to treat them with very low pressure. Otherwise, if we put pressure on them to deliver on a crooked platform, they will be well set up to fail. It's the veterans' team. Fine. Blame them for the shit that is happening and leave the youngsters alone.

This for sure. I won't demand to sell Trincao next summer if he'll have a poor season though I'm sure many fans will. First, almost all newcomers (even proven worldclass players at other clubs) struggles to adapt in their first season here. And second, a situation he's coming into is far from perfect.

I'm just worried how much playing time he'll actually get. Messi and Suarez will play 80-90% of minutes when available so he'll have to compete for playing time with Griezmann (playing outside of his best position but still a 100m signing who we'll try to make work again) and Fati (despite being younger he has a few advantages over Trincao being a homegrown kid and also having a personal connection with Messi whose brother is his agent). At least it seems more and more likely we won't buy Lautaro which would make things even worse for both youngsters. Not really counting on Dembele anymore even if he stays (which he probably will).

BBZ8800

Well said. That's why almost no player looks good in this setup. The setup is made to get the best out of Messi and Suarez. Basically we just need team of runners with them on the pitch.

No player looked good in early 2000s either.
Yet, we didn't have Messi and Suarez then.
Players looked bad because they sucked.

Our system is not perfect but it is not as if Dembele, Malcom, Arthur, Alena and co will set the world on fire in any other club after Barca.

Our system is meh, but majority of signings in the last few years were average or either tactical or mental misfits.

xXKonan

You have to define "Slow" when it comes to Trincao.

Is he slow in comparison to players such as Sane, Mbappe, Neymar, Dembele,Vinicus? yeah but is he slow in comparison to the likes of Suarez, Arda Turan, Messi, Coutinho, Andre Gomes when played out wide as a WM? Fuck no he isn't that slow. I mean Dembele was quick but he is a player that needed a lot of space in order to exploit his strengths. heck you can argue that many fast wingers these days suffer the same issue, great at beating players at top speed in good space but not exactly excelling in close quarters when there isn't enough space.

Trincao seems pretty impressive with his technical ablity despite his size. I actually wouldn't be surprised if BBZ ends up liking Trincao, if he does bring the goods.

Porque

3 kinds of slow that Trincao could end up being.

1) Slow to exploit initially beating his man.
2) Slow over 20 metres.
3) Ronald Araujo slow.

HanDW

If someone read all the stuff here without watching him ever anyone would think the player we'are talking is Busquets or Lenglet. Some of you are exaggerating this thing so much that is make me doubt that you have seen him play outside of a random match and YT comps

Is he Coman/Vinicius/Dembele and can storm past everyone ?, ofc no, but he manages to beat his man and later create danger in/near the box consistently with enough space thanks to the variety of his dribbling and the fact that he knows how to use his body to protect the ball and keep it away from the opponent (he has forced a lot of dangerous faults this way).

Last edited:

xXKonan

Sport claims we rejected a 60 Million euro offer from a EPL team for him.

This has to be what the 3rd or 4th time they claimed this. :lol:

Batistuta9

Sport claims we rejected a 60 Million euro offer from a EPL team for him.

This has to be what the 3rd or 4th time they claimed this. :lol:

If there is some truth to it, the board should see if we could put in a buy back for around 70m, a bit like what Real Madrid do. He won't get many minutes next year as his position is RW. If he does well, he'll be worth more than 70m in a couple of years and if he flops we would have made 30m profit.

Andresito

Staff member
If there is some truth to it, the board should see if we could put in a buy back for around 70m, a bit like what Real Madrid do. He won't get many minutes next year as his position is RW. If he does well, he'll be worth more than 70m in a couple of years and if he flops we would have made 30m profit.

No club would agree to a +10M buy back. If a club buys a young player for 60M it's because they believe in him and want to build around him for the future, not to develop him for 1-2 years just to earn 10M.

Batistuta9

No club would agree to a +10M buy back. If a club buys a young player for 60M it's because they believe in him and want to build around him for the future, not to develop him for 1-2 years just to earn 10M.

I like trincao so I don't want to sell him for good. It is unlikely yes, that's why I said we should see if the buyer is willing. If they're not, we keep him, no problem. Real bought back morata from juve and then sold to chelsea for double the price. As for 70m, I used that as a ballpark figure.

vegitot

Let be honest, if he plays bad for few matches, people here will want to sell him quickly.

Many want rebuild phase but im sure not many want trophyless seasons.

Home of Barca Fans