Trincao (on loan)

khaled_a_d

Leo might not be a RW in practice anymore, but in any 4-3-3 he is always going to start from that position. I doubt any coach is going to change our system to just to accommodate Trincao.

Well, you are under the assumption that we will play 433 exclusively next year, without alternatives?
We can't have this discussion without knowing next coach.

I can't see how how this signing turns out any different than Malcom's. A young lad brought in that prefers the right flank, but is shoehorned on to the left for a few matches were he inevitably disappoints and we never see of him again.

Difference is that Malcom was almost a one trick pony, he is a player who relied on his speed and limited dribbling movement, along his off the ball movement. But as he was average finisher he was mediocre for us.
More important, Malcom fit in only one position: RW. EV wanted Willian as he was better fit for 442 when needed but Abidal was lured by the talent and youth of Malcom.
Trincao provides a multi-usage player, he can play RM, RW or AM. He will fit well if we are interested in tactical variability.
But playing many positions comes with a package. If you are truly good then you are a versatile player, but if not then you are a tweener.

Another point is Dembele, he was in his 2nd year and we were pushing hard for him to succeed, that pushed Malcom further from the playing time.

Most transfers flop here as is, this one has many factors working against him. Or is there something I am missing about this player that makes people think he'll succeed here next season?

Why next season? he will be less than 21 when he arrives, might not even come straight to the team and get loaned.

Generally he looks good, with some tools to succeed.
But there is surely legitimate doubts over his success, like most other players.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Had 9 dribbles yesterday while playing as the RM in a 4-4-2. Encouraging signs, theoretically he can play together with Messi.

Batistuta9

Had 9 dribbles yesterday while playing as the RM in a 4-4-2. Encouraging signs, theoretically he can play together with Messi.

I like him, he seems a clever player. Even if he doesn't play at first, we need someone to play RW once Messi leaves/retires. Kid is only 20 years old and can adapt to Barca at his own pace

serghei

Now, seriously, someone not trolling, is this guy legit? Is he Benfica Di Maria level, or Bremen Ozil?

HanDW

What do you mean by legit ?, i've watch at least 10 games of him and he seems like a good prospect, but rigt now is impossible to say if he will 100% succeed here.

Home of Barca Fans